cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Biltmore

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We are thinking of going to the biltmore mansion in the fall. We are looking for a koa or a good Sam rv park between the Biltmore and The Smoky mountains. Any suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Iโ€™ve always heard that it really takes 2 days to do the Biltmore right and see everything. I also want to stay to the west side so we can take a day trip or 2 into the mountains. It rained the whole time we were there last year, relaxing but to wet to go up into the mountain.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I agree it is a beautiful place and the views from the balconies on the back are excellent.
We have stayed at the Asheville East KOA and were right on the river(which is sometimes dry but not when we were there) Could also see the mountains.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I agree that visiting the Biltmore is pricey. It is also beautiful and worth seeing. It is a rival to the palace at Versailles in many ways, but smaller. Be sure to do both the house and gardens.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
DICK B, I remember the decorative molding between the ceiling and walls in the library. Left everybody know what kind of man he was. Very enjoyable!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I remember two things about our tour of Biltmore: leather coverings on the walls and electric lights installed in 1895!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Surprised that Mama Gerties hasn't been mentioned.
Biltmore=overpriced

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wherever you go there is almost always a place to stay that few know about. Ashville is no exception.

You can pay top dollar at the local KOA or you can stay at the Ashville Fairgrounds opposite the airport, FHU/50amp, for a fraction of the price. Nothing fancy, carpark camping, no grass, no table, great views of distant mountains, midweek you might have the place to yourself.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Campfire Lodgings is an excellent spot near there. Peaceful, decent sites and awesome views. Small and friendly. Three trips to there and never a complaint. Not Good Sam or KOA but very nice.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Asheville West KOA in Candler is between the Smokies and Asheville and would make a great base for that area. We stayed there 2 years ago and it was fine. Not a high end 'resort' by any means but a nice CG. I would recommend that one. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Any questions you have about the Biltmore estate feel free to ask, we are season pass holders and have been there many times.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The two KOAโ€™s are a bit away from Asheville. There is a small CG in Weaverville just north of Asheville with good people, well maintained. Campfire Lodgings.

I also found these: Good Sam CGโ€™s
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT