cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2022 Ford Super Duty interior?

4wheelingNUT__
Explorer
Explorer
Just wandering if Ford is planning any upgrades to the interior on the 2022's, or do you think they will wait till 2023's? The F150's just got a new upgraded interior for 2021, so we know the Super Duty will get it, just your thoughts on a timeline. Thank you!
34 REPLIES 34

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
^^^I really don't notice a whole lot of difference from the '17 to '21. The '21 definitely gets better fuel economy, but the '17 was not good. It looks like the empty highway mileage of the 21 will be 12.6 litres/100 km (18.7 mpg US) compared to 15 L/100 km with the '17. The exhaust brake on the new one is no better than the old one.

That's pretty respectable fuel economy for a 1 ton 4x4 pickup. What is your highway RPM's?

1500 rpm puts me at about 118 km/hr (73 mph).
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
^^^I really don't notice a whole lot of difference from the '17 to '21. The '21 definitely gets better fuel economy, but the '17 was not good. It looks like the empty highway mileage of the 21 will be 12.6 litres/100 km (18.7 mpg US) compared to 15 L/100 km with the '17. The exhaust brake on the new one is no better than the old one.

That's pretty respectable fuel economy for a 1 ton 4x4 pickup. What is your highway RPM's?
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W Companion

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I guess it depends on how well you do on your buying and selling but in my case the longer I keep a truck the more it costs me to own.

I noticed that as well when I owned Fords, but that changed when I bought a Ram. :B

LOL... The recall king! :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
^^^^No Iโ€™ve sold the โ€˜17. I think my 2021 Platinum could be sold for 85k .... Iโ€™m probably being conservative.

Gotcha; I didn't realize that you had your new one. How is it, and how does it compare to your 2017?
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^No Iโ€™ve sold the โ€˜17. I think my 2021 Platinum could be sold for 85k .... Iโ€™m probably being conservative.
B&W Companion

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Why not buy a new 2021 Super Duty and then replace it when the 2023's come out?

Ah Sure, You payin?

What a dumb comment... How do YOU know anyones financial situation?

I don't know his financial situation. I simply asked a question. I guess it depends on how well you do on your buying and selling but in my case the longer I keep a truck the more it costs me to own.

Want to compare money spent for nearly 23 years on two trucks that I have owned . 16 years with a new 1999 Superduty 350, nearly 7 years with a 2014 Ram 3500 . Lets see what we come up with , want to bet who has spent the most. ๐Ÿ™‚

On edit , I am willing to bet I spent less on those two trucks ,then you have spent on just the one ,and if not mistaken you got a new 2021 or one coming ??

Our total costs might not be that much different. I didn't buy anything around 1999 but I did buy a new truck in 2011, 2016, 2017, 2021. If I could sell the one in my garage for $85k (and I'm certain I could) I'd be out $20k over the past 10 years... $2000 CAD/year. I'm going to guess if you sold the one in your garage you'd get about 15k less than what you paid for it in 2014.... so about $2140 USD/year. And you've likely spent a little more on things like tires, oil changes and repairs than I have. On the other hand, we have to recognize that mine has cost me a little more on the opportunity cost of the additional money I have had tied up in a truck.

I see where you're coming from, but are you saying that you could sell your 2017 for $85k? Looking around here, I'm quite certain a 2021 F-350 Platinum could be had for that.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
. . . It might sound silly but the thing that I would miss most going from Ford to Ram is the towing mirrors. I canโ€™t believe Ram doesnโ€™t copy Fordโ€™s mirrors.
Agree, the Ram mirrors could use some improvement. I hate having to do a total readjustment everytime I move the mirror housings. Also not fond of the way the mirrors look in the vertical (moose/towing) position.

Easy fix for this; I set up my memory settings; 1 for not towing and 2 for towing. Works like a charm, although I find that I usually leave the mirrors up to have the convex mirrors at the bottom.

I drive a 2012 F-150 with the towing mirrors for a work vehicle and agree that Ford definitely has the better mirrors.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
wowens79 wrote:
The Ram interior to me is by far the nicest. Iโ€™m going with a gasser in a Big Horn/XLT trim. I really want the Ford 7.3, but the Ram 6.4 would be ok. But Ram seems to have better pricing.
The Cummins is the primary reason we went Ram. Without it, the Ram is a hard sell for us. If we were going gas, we'd go all-in with the Ford 7.3.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
. . . It might sound silly but the thing that I would miss most going from Ford to Ram is the towing mirrors. I canโ€™t believe Ram doesnโ€™t copy Fordโ€™s mirrors.
Agree, the Ram mirrors could use some improvement. I hate having to do a total readjustment everytime I move the mirror housings. Also not fond of the way the mirrors look in the vertical (moose/towing) position.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I guess it depends on how well you do on your buying and selling but in my case the longer I keep a truck the more it costs me to own.

I noticed that as well when I owned Fords, but that changed when I bought a Ram. :B

Classic! Someone had to say it! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was told he 2023 Super Duty gets the F150 interior and that the 2023 will be available fairly early in 2022.
B&W Companion

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
otrfun wrote:
wowens79 wrote:
I've been wondering the same thing. Supposedly they are cutting off new orders on 3/15 for 2021's. I've read rumors of an update for 2022, and 2023. I wish they would update the interio for 2022, that is the part of the truck that needs help. I like the Ram and Chevy interiors better, but really want the new 7.3 and 10spd.

I'd think that if it was gonna be 2022 we would have seen some pics somewhere by now, but I'm hoping they go ahead and update.

I'm probably gonna buy a new truck in the next year, my 2002 is about ready for retirement.
I would assume the next-gen Super Duty's will eventually get the F150 interiors, just like they did in 2017.

Ref your comment about interiors, most trade journals seem to favor the Ram interior. Ford feels the need to "picture frame" or exaggerate every part of the dash (especially with the new '21 F150)---forming IMO an overly modular, blocky appearance. Ram has a much more smooth, seamless transition from one part of the dash to another.

We're also going to be in the market for a new 1-ton truck about a year from now. We're hoping Ram starts using the 1500's new crew cab and a 10-speed behind the Cummins by MY 2023. If not, we'll probably be looking hard at the next gen F350's instead.

The Ram interior to me is by far the nicest. Iโ€™m going with a gasser in a Big Horn/XLT trim. I really want the Ford 7.3, but the Ram 6.4 would be ok. But Ram seems to have better pricing.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
otrfun wrote:
wowens79 wrote:
I've been wondering the same thing. Supposedly they are cutting off new orders on 3/15 for 2021's. I've read rumors of an update for 2022, and 2023. I wish they would update the interio for 2022, that is the part of the truck that needs help. I like the Ram and Chevy interiors better, but really want the new 7.3 and 10spd.

I'd think that if it was gonna be 2022 we would have seen some pics somewhere by now, but I'm hoping they go ahead and update.

I'm probably gonna buy a new truck in the next year, my 2002 is about ready for retirement.
I would assume the next-gen Super Duty's will eventually get the F150 interiors, just like they did in 2017.

Ref your comment about interiors, most trade journals seem to favor the Ram interior. Ford feels the need to "picture frame" or exaggerate every part of the dash (especially with the new '21 F150)---forming IMO an overly modular, blocky appearance. Ram has a much more smooth, seamless transition from one part of the dash to another.

We're also going to be in the market for a new 1-ton truck about a year from now. We're hoping Ram starts using the 1500's new crew cab and a 10-speed behind the Cummins by MY 2023. If not, we'll probably be looking hard at the next gen F350's instead.

The Cummins does not require a ten speed to compete with Ford and GM ..... 4 more gears behind the Cummins would actually make it less desirable for me . The Laramie Limited is a very nice interior. I found the layout of the controls a little better in the Ram. Ramโ€™s visibility out the windshield and over the hood is worse. It might sound silly but the thing that I would miss most going from Ford to Ram is the towing mirrors. I canโ€™t believe Ram doesnโ€™t copy Fordโ€™s mirrors.
B&W Companion