cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Oven Not Hot Enough

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2018 Coachman Leprechaun Class C that came with a Dometic 3 burner range with built in oven. Even when turned up to the maximum temperature the oven doesn't get over 250 degrees when measured with an oven thermometer. Is this a known issue and can anything be done to correct it?
6 REPLIES 6

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Something is wrong if you are only getting up to 250F.

They aren't the greatest if you need precise temperature control but we use ours often and it does fine for what we ask of it. No issues getting well above 250F.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. In 41 years as an RV tech, I have NEVER heard or had this type issue. Of course, lots of rv'ers rarely use the Oven and if they had the problem would probably just think it is normal because it is a RV appliance
2. LP Gas PRESSURE would be the first check. Low pressure would keep the Burner from the hottest flame
3. The location and mount of the Tstat temp sensor should be checked. It should mounted in its clip, usually on the back wall.
4. Last would be a defective tstat. If never above 250 degrees and 2/3 check out I would replace the Tstat control. I doubt an adjustment would fix this. Doug

PS, The operational LP pressure of the Ovens are 10 inches WC. The SUPPLY is 11.5 inches WC. The Ovens/ranges have their own pressure regulator that drops from the 11.5 to 10. IF the supply is below the 11.5 or even 10, then you will have inadequate Pressure/Supply. SO, do NOT take the Pressure measurement at the Back side of the Oven hook up. You can take the Copper/rubber supply line off the input to the oven and check/verify the LP pressure.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actual Model number would be helpful
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Suggest you YouTube adjusting the oven. There is an adjustment screw under the control knob. These ovens are โ€œclunkyโ€ best. After much effort, we can only get ours to within 50 degrees of the set temperature. We use it, but not often. Most times you will find it being used as a storage cupboard for pots and pans. I agree with wa8yxmโ€”use a countertop unit. Walmart has many to choose from and from experience, we like the ones made by Osterโ€”several sizes and the most expensive one is about $100.
chartrue2@aol.com

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Does the oven cycle on and off, just arriving at the wrong temperature? Or is the burner on continuously, but not supplying enough heat?

Usually the thermostatic control valve/knob has a calibration adjustment, often located underneath the knob area next to the knob shaft. I'd be rather surprised if you could adjust that by 250 degrees worth, though.

If the flame is too weak, there's probably a clogged orifice for the main oven burner or something along those lines.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only solution is to replace the control. and yes. I have heard of many where the control is "off" alas never that far off.

Suggested solution is don't use it. Use a counter top oven These big brother to the toaster ovens now offer air frying and other functions that are amazing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times