cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rec Pro RV furniture

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just curious if anyone has bought any of Rec Pro's RV furniture? We are considering purchasing either 2 recliners or a loveseat. Don't think we want the power option. What happens if the power goes out? Anyway thought I would ask here. A little bit apprehensive about buying something without trying them. Thanks all.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
14 REPLIES 14

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP'er here. We ended up going with the RecPro manual reclining love seat. So far very happy with our purchase. Seems to be a good value for the money.

B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I was so disappointed in my Rec Pro purchase. Because of knee replacement Amy reclinersnd covid 19 I was not able to use my recliners for over a year. When I was able to finally get my RV back on the road I saw after 2 weeks one of my recliner head rests was starting to peel. I contacted Rec Pro but because it had been over a year I was shown no consideration.....my advice stay away from Rec Pro..

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
We have the RecPro theater seating recliners. About 4 years now. We like them much better than the OEM sofa bed.

But if I was going to replace them I would look long and hard at other solutions. The fabric on one, in just one area, is delaminating. Started after we had them for around 3 years. No, the dog did not do that. Also not sun damage, because we keep the blinds closed always during storage. All other areas are fine, and that is the one I sit on, so maybe my hair oil may have been a factor. Maybe cover the backs with blankets?

When we got them the recliner mechanisms needed a lot of adjustment. Of course I had them already installed in the tight quarters of the fifth wheel before realizing that. I wished I had fully assembled them outside, done all the adjustments, and then removed the backs to go through the door. To this day the recliners are difficult to snap down, especially for my wife.

They really looked nice when new.

Deteriorating pleather.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

anbebode
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Double Recliner RV Sofa by RecPro, it's very easy to install as each recliner has 2 parts. The color matches the interior of my RV very well, the seats are very soft and comfortable.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well things didn't go as planned. Only got one of the swivel recliners and ended up paying $50 for it. It will work for awhile. I believe we will end up with the Rec Pro in the end. Thanks guys.
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds good. Only thing to be aware of, if the recliners you are getting for free are the leather ones, you'll be back looking at Rec Pro or other solutions in a couple years max.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for all the replies. However, we have friends who are upgrading their rocker recliners in their 5th wheel and have graciously offered their recliners at no charge!!! Woohoo!!! Hasn't actually happened yet so we shall see. If not the RecPro dual recliners are in our future.
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
don't get the "leather" my Recpro theater seater pealed in less that 3 years. When I emailed them...they said all the fake leather stuff will peal flake in 3 years. Get the cloth!
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
also bought RecPro this summer. we like them very much

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a non powered loveseat with 2 reclining seating. It is a cloth upholstery and still looks good after 2 years of use. The recliners work in a fairly tight space. We didnโ€™t have the space for a middle section with cup holders. We are pleased with the purchase and they were easy to install.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
MrRetired821 wrote:
About a year ago we ordered the double wall hugger with console from REC PRO. Was easy to bring into 5th wheel and assemble. So far it's holding up well. The only issue I have is the cup holders are two small in diameter for my favorite coffee cup. Also the chrome looking finish on top of the cup holder is peeling off. They are not the biggest of recliners but are ok for me at 6'. Good luck.

Thanks Smokey. That is what we have been looking at. Are the cup holders large enough to hold a soda can in a cooler insulator? Also did you get cloth or leather? We are leaning toward the Mahogany leather.

We got the faux leather in the Mahogany color. No complaints about it yet. We are in the 5th wheel about 4-5 months out of year so it does get used. Yes the cup holder will hold a soda can or ML with a coozie. Ours have no power also.
Smokey&Bobbye

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought the RecPro dual recliner/theater seating and the sleeper sofa. Cloth not leather. Didn't want to deal with potential of leather peeling.

Yes, the cup holders are large enough for a soda can, with cooler insulator (I think). yes, the chrome on top of the holder does peel off.

Agreed not the biggest of recliners, but it's okay for me at 6ft 3. Also, the sleeper sofa came with an upgraded mattress. My granddaughters friend slept on it and said it was very comfortable.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
MrRetired821 wrote:
About a year ago we ordered the double wall hugger with console from REC PRO. Was easy to bring into 5th wheel and assemble. So far it's holding up well. The only issue I have is the cup holders are two small in diameter for my favorite coffee cup. Also the chrome looking finish on top of the cup holder is peeling off. They are not the biggest of recliners but are ok for me at 6'. Good luck.

Thanks Smokey. That is what we have been looking at. Are the cup holders large enough to hold a soda can in a cooler insulator? Also did you get cloth or leather? We are leaning toward the Mahogany leather.
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
Smokey&Bobbye