Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Nomadland
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Nomadland

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It took me three tries to finally watched it in its entirety. It was very depressing to watch.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/21 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the movie did a good job showing the sub-culture they portrayed. That group is growing, but many other groups are also growing. Families working on the road. Families moving to places without local employment, etc. The RV industry is having a banner year.

2001 RoadTrek 190

mwachel

UT

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't seen the movie yet since I don't have HULU but I hope to find it somewhere to watch...eventually.

Mike
Salty Vet Adventures YouTube

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just watched this movie and thought it did a great portrayal of the nomads I have met. It was somber movie - but that was the point. Older people who have lost everything is a somber subject - but those same people who have found a way to survive/recover/thrive and that's worth celebrating.

One of the underlying themes that everyone should recognize is the culture of the RV community. Never had a problem in any campground that wasn't fixed by a fellow camper.

Kevin

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just saw it on Amazon.. not free since it's new and just won an Oscar. Liked it a lot. A bit slow, but it's not supposed to be an action movie. Anyway, it held my interest all the way.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

I started to watch Nomadland but just couldn't get into it and turned it off. Maybe will try again later.

I did the same thing when it was on Netflix. I may try again when it comes back but won't pursue it. I generally don't watch movies to be depressed.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed and I watched it last night - he said it was boring - but he wasn't paying close attention to it, either. I LOVED it - I saw a strong and quietly-adventurous woman who was willing to walk away from safety/security to travel that road-less-traveled.

I also post on van conversion forums (having converted a cargo van) and I sure hope all the starry-eyed people who see the "mini-house-like van parked near the scenic view" - watch this movie to see the un-glamorous side of living in a van, because Nomadland shows that can be starkly grim, including pooping in a bucket. I'm reading way too many folks buying ancient, high-mileage vans and no clue how to do a conversion..... and then they plan to see the USA....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Nomadland
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.