cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back Up Camera Not Working

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 Jayco Granite Ridge Class C built on a Ford E450, V10. The original equipment back up camera stopped working on our first trip after the engine battery had been completely discharged during storage and had to be replaced. Not sure if this is related or not but wanted to put it out there as I seek your input. From what I have read, the problem could be caused by issues with with alternator, the battery or fuse, and could be the camera, the wiring, the monitor/screen or all of the above.

Any idea where the fuses are located for the back up camera on my coach?

Also any suggestions on troubleshooting the system and/or replacement system if I need to go that route would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Happy travels
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2004 Jayco. Is the Monitor mounted in the overhead? Most Jayco Class C that old had the Camera wiring and fuses located behind the Drivers side plastic removable kick panel beside the Emergency brake pedal. Also, if overhead, there will be an additional inline fuse on the wire harness connected to the back of the monitor. Doug

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If you return, please let us know what the problem was. Thank you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Also be aware that the computer program that indicates you have a backup camera could have dropped that programming. Most vehicles need this programming thru the port under your dash near the steering wheel.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My camera's monitor is the Pioneer radio in the dash. Whenever the power is interrupted, upon startup again the camera ceases to work. In the Settings on the radio there's a switch for 'camera' that always gets set to 'off' if I lose power.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman