Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tombstone Rv and Campground
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Tombstone Rv and Campground

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
parcany

Arizona City

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just raised their prices, now for one night it will cost $51.00 if you have a dog and bring a 2nd vehicle. Yhis campground is about one mile outside of Tombstone Az

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/21 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were just up the road in Benson at San Pedro Resort, it's $140/week there and it is an excellent camp, 2 swimming pools all sorts of other stuff and a lot of activities. About 30 minutes to Tombstone.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 03:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Visit the Donkey rescue outside of Benson if you are in the area. Great people. Free but donations accepted.
Also the Queen mine in Bisbee. South of Tombstone.
Just not in the summer months, it's very hot in south AZ that time of year.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

parcany wrote:

Just raised their prices, now for one night it will cost $51.00 if you have a dog and bring a 2nd vehicle. Yhis campground is about one mile outside of Tombstone Az
$51.00 won’t come close to getting a site in many locations. Pet fees and extra vehicle charges are not new. And over time the price of most everything rises, site rental fees included. Am I missing something?

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have enjoyed the Tombstone RV Park a couple of times. The location is awesome, just a mile or so down the road from Tombstone and they have a free shuttle. If you like to ride ATV/UTV's Middlemarch Road is the gateway to the West Cochise Stronghold and just a mile south of the park.

It is not fancy but the amenities and staff are nice. Bisbee is a nice ride {about 25 miles south if memory serves} of Tombstone and definitely worth a visit. As noted Tombstone is 5,000'+ and is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Spring and fall are the best time of year to visit and reservations are always a good idea.

[emoticon]

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My question is this: what's in Tombstone that's worth a multi-day stay? We've been there a number of times over the years and it's just a tourist trap town. My first visits were back in the 1950's when I was in first grade and lived in Tucson.
We were there last week for a couple of hours. We did 9 days in Benson and the heat is setting in.

parcany

Arizona City

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife and I gave lived in Az since 1978 when we came back from Germany. Reason we go to Tombstone is the weekend we are going they have Wyatt Earp days. we love the shows they have and the opening ceramony and the chili cookoff. Yes there are some stores there that think they can charge whatever they want, we don't buy from them.Yet other stores are ok on the price. The shuttle is free at that campground but you are supposed to tip the driver, that is how he makes his money. It is close to Tombstone. But in my opinion the price seems a little overboard especially when I found another campground for about 1/3 less and has the same reviews. But it further away, but with a car that gets 35 miles per gallon it still will be cheaper. There may be a time when wife and I want to travel and have to pay that much money but right now I do a lot of checking to find the best price and to get the most out of my money. Have been to Gammons Gulch but never to the rescue Donkeys place might just have to do that this time.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I first visited in 1958. I was 17 and it was boring as he!!. Been back a couple of times since but at least 20nyears ago

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I first visited in 1958. I was 17 and it was boring as he!!. Been back a couple of times since but at least 20nyears ago

Seems like we mostly went to old Tucson for the fake gun fights. And they had giant desert Tortoises at the Desert Museum which they do not now.

2g's

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a lot more in the Tombstone area than the town itself... birding, hiking, 4-wheeling, geocaching, etc.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Tombstone Rv and Campground
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.