cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tombstone Rv and Campground

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Just raised their prices, now for one night it will cost $51.00 if you have a dog and bring a 2nd vehicle. Yhis campground is about one mile outside of Tombstone Az
13 REPLIES 13

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
The price increase was for Tombstone RV and campground not Tombstone Territories. Two different places about 10 miles apart.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
@mileshuff they OP points out that they boosted the price to $51

We lived on E Delano and using Street View that locations seems to converted to a commercial office area now. The roads were dirt and flash floods would wash down the streets. The city would rig ropes across crossing zones to keep people from being swept away. My father was stationed at Ft Huachuca
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got day jobs in movies made at old Tucson back in the day. We lived on E 35th st in Tucson and our home was new. Passed by few years ago and would not be caught in there after dark. I am 80 now and have seen plenty change in my life. Were no camp grounds then

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
We've always stayed at Tombstone Territories RV. Out in the desert by itself. All large pull thru spots. About $35/day although they also charge for electricity which usually adds $2 a day at most.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
There's a lot more in the Tombstone area than the town itself... birding, hiking, 4-wheeling, geocaching, etc.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I first visited in 1958. I was 17 and it was boring as he!!. Been back a couple of times since but at least 20nyears ago

Seems like we mostly went to old Tucson for the fake gun fights. And they had giant desert Tortoises at the Desert Museum which they do not now.
Superbumper

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I first visited in 1958. I was 17 and it was boring as he!!. Been back a couple of times since but at least 20nyears ago

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I gave lived in Az since 1978 when we came back from Germany. Reason we go to Tombstone is the weekend we are going they have Wyatt Earp days. we love the shows they have and the opening ceramony and the chili cookoff. Yes there are some stores there that think they can charge whatever they want, we don't buy from them.Yet other stores are ok on the price. The shuttle is free at that campground but you are supposed to tip the driver, that is how he makes his money. It is close to Tombstone. But in my opinion the price seems a little overboard especially when I found another campground for about 1/3 less and has the same reviews. But it further away, but with a car that gets 35 miles per gallon it still will be cheaper. There may be a time when wife and I want to travel and have to pay that much money but right now I do a lot of checking to find the best price and to get the most out of my money. Have been to Gammons Gulch but never to the rescue Donkeys place might just have to do that this time.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
My question is this: what's in Tombstone that's worth a multi-day stay? We've been there a number of times over the years and it's just a tourist trap town. My first visits were back in the 1950's when I was in first grade and lived in Tucson.
We were there last week for a couple of hours. We did 9 days in Benson and the heat is setting in.
Superbumper

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have enjoyed the Tombstone RV Park a couple of times. The location is awesome, just a mile or so down the road from Tombstone and they have a free shuttle. If you like to ride ATV/UTV's Middlemarch Road is the gateway to the West Cochise Stronghold and just a mile south of the park.

It is not fancy but the amenities and staff are nice. Bisbee is a nice ride {about 25 miles south if memory serves} of Tombstone and definitely worth a visit. As noted Tombstone is 5,000'+ and is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Spring and fall are the best time of year to visit and reservations are always a good idea.

:C

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
parcany wrote:
Just raised their prices, now for one night it will cost $51.00 if you have a dog and bring a 2nd vehicle. Yhis campground is about one mile outside of Tombstone Az
$51.00 wonโ€™t come close to getting a site in many locations. Pet fees and extra vehicle charges are not new. And over time the price of most everything rises, site rental fees included. Am I missing something?

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Visit the Donkey rescue outside of Benson if you are in the area. Great people. Free but donations accepted.
Also the Queen mine in Bisbee. South of Tombstone.
Just not in the summer months, it's very hot in south AZ that time of year.
Puma 30RKSS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were just up the road in Benson at San Pedro Resort, it's $140/week there and it is an excellent camp, 2 swimming pools all sorts of other stuff and a lot of activities. About 30 minutes to Tombstone.
Superbumper