Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 50% Off Deal - Legit?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> 50% Off Deal - Legit?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Answered in replies 1 and 2. Thanks!

Was considering roadside assistance again. Was with coach-net for several years, but after seeing today's pricing, I thought to look elsewhere. Once on the GS site, I saw they are having a big promotion; 50% off for new members.

Now is that a legitimate promo? Or are these prices standard for new or returning members?

* This post was edited 04/21/21 01:37pm by KendallP *

Cheers,
Kendall

1986 Winnebago Chieftain 22RC
Our Camper (Don't laugh...
Unlike our credit cards... she's paid for)

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good pricing for new members that is not available for existing members unless you become an elite member. See if you can get that rate for multiple years. Have had it for years and most years it pays for itself. This year it was a tow out of the back of the property after I got stuck in the mud trying to leave for a trip after four inches of rain. Took two trucks almost three hours to get me onto a solid patch of ground. Put down a bit over 500 feet of crushed limestone by ten feet wide to keep it from happening again.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello KendallP,

Thank you for your time and post. The 50 percent off sale is valid for new members, we will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.
See the below link for additional information.

https://www.goodsamroadside.com

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But the standard (lowest price plan) does NOT apply to 5th Wheels only TT. [emoticon]

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so your going to leave a plan thats been good to you, to search out a cheap plan, question? you ever read the horror stories on here about there road side service.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pricing for discounts and “teaser” rates for new customers are two very common. Marketing strategies. There is a large percentage of consumers who react positively to sales and discounts, irrespective of net price. They will choose the item listed at $50 with a 50% discount over the exact same item at $23 in another store.
Similarly, customers have been shown to have a reluctance to price shopping and changing providers on recurring purchases. Once the customer is secured by that teaser rate, they often become customers for life who are very price insensitive. Good Sam is an avid user of both of those strategies.

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 11:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

Good pricing for new members that is not available for existing members unless you become an elite member. See if you can get that rate for multiple years. Have had it for years and most years it pays for itself. This year it was a tow out of the back of the property after I got stuck in the mud trying to leave for a trip after four inches of rain. Took two trucks almost three hours to get me onto a solid patch of ground. Put down a bit over 500 feet of crushed limestone by ten feet wide to keep it from happening again.

Question answered in first reply!

I see they do offer 3 years of that rate.

Thanks!

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello KendallP,

Thank you for your time and post. The 50 percent off sale is valid for new members, we will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.
See the below link for additional information.

https://www.goodsamroadside.com

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

Another real answer. Thanks, Ella!

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's complaints on the GS non service, they don't make this forum easy to find. GS Roadside complaints.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

so your going to leave a plan thats been good to you, to search out a cheap plan, question? you ever read the horror stories on here about there road side service.

Yes. Research (obsessive) is not a weakness of mine. Quite the opposite. I have also read here, and on several other sites, that coach-net is not what it once was either.

I haven't had need for roadside assistance, beyond what my insurance company offers, for several years... and... apparently several price increases.

Had the above 2 not become factors, I wouldn't be asking.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> 50% Off Deal - Legit?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.