Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coast to Coast east to west
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Coast to Coast east to west

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camper19709 wrote:

My biggest suggestion is to be off the road and stopped for the night before the sun starts to set. The sunset will blind you.

If the OP has a month to make 3000miles, he should be able to leave at 10am and be in by 2pm with several non-travel days mixed in.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are foolish enough to plan your travels through the Golden State, expect to pay $4 for fuel and with a 42' coach some of the roads are restricted, such as Hwy 1, along the coast and 49 through the Gold Country. Here is the map for reference....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the other hand, if you avoid CA you will also avoid some of the most beautiful Country on this Planet. $3 or $4 is really not going to make much difference in your retirement plan. I have traveled CA S to N and N to S and I have bitched the entire route. Well, the entire route expect for the places I parked along the way. CA coast is something that should not be missed. The OR and WA coast (in my opinion) is even better but there is nothing about our CA travels that I have ever regretted. If you can't afford the fuel you really can't afford to RV!

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

On the other hand, if you avoid CA you will also avoid some of the most beautiful Country on this Planet. $3 or $4 is really not going to make much difference in your retirement plan. I have traveled CA S to N and N to S and I have bitched the entire route. Well, the entire route expect for the places I parked along the way. CA coast is something that should not be missed. The OR and WA coast (in my opinion) is even better but there is nothing about our CA travels that I have ever regretted. If you can't afford the fuel you really can't afford to RV!

To each his own. The ONLY beautiful places along the California coast is from Hwy 1 and that can't be seen from a 42' coach. Driving a 42' coach thru Laguna, Newport or Huntington just ain't gonna get it, IMHO...Dennis

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since I have driven must of PCH 1 in my 40' with towed I would disagree. Some of that area means you have to park the RV and make the drive in the tow. I don't find anything wrong with that either. Some folks don't like CA. I do when it's on the way to another State as a destination.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Coast to Coast east to west
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.