cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Telecommunications Reform (Cell Phone Service/Biometric Data

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
With this Reform, there is an obligation for users to provide different sensitive data, among others, biometric data (iris, face, fingerprints, etc.).

In case of non-compliance, the user's mobile service will be canceled, without the right to reactivation, payment, or compensation.

This reform was approved by the Senate (MORENA majority).

Mexico Moves To Require Biometric Data For Cell Phone Users
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
6 REPLIES 6

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, this won't be hacked just like all of the other data centers that were found to be vulnerable.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
mexicoruss wrote:
My online banking with BBVA is tied to my smart phone. In order to access my accounts on my phone which I need to do in my business I needed to have my biometric scan done for the bank. So I can be tough and say I won't, then lose my banking flexibility or comply and have it done. I have been with BBVA Bancomer for over 14 years, they have never messed with me (except for long waits in the bank) before so I don't think they will start now. Anything I can do to stay out of the actual bank is OK with me.

My Banorte account (30 years) is the same thing. Mobile banking using biometrics. No issues for me and I don't have an issue with it. In fact, China is using facial recognition and I have nothing to hide. Big brother has never scared me.

My post is more about how it would affect those rvers that maintain a Telcel or Movistar sim and what they might have to do to avoid losing their service.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
My online banking with BBVA is tied to my smart phone. In order to access my accounts on my phone which I need to do in my business I needed to have my biometric scan done for the bank. So I can be tough and say I won't, then lose my banking flexibility or comply and have it done. I have been with BBVA Bancomer for over 14 years, they have never messed with me (except for long waits in the bank) before so I don't think they will start now. Anything I can do to stay out of the actual bank is OK with me.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Like every other law in Mexico there will surely be a way to pay your way out of it. Just like you can pay to have someone else do your military service.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Talleyho69
Fortunately there are two years for this to be enacted.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
If this is implemented it will definitely be a disaster, it is hard enough to maintain the basic information off the hands of the "real" crooks and now we must surrender even more info?

I will not do it, some officials in the Mexican government can not be trusted at all, they sell themselves to the highest bidder, over and over worst than the "cosa nostra", I guess I will keep the land line and my US phone thank you!

navegator