Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New license plate for my TC.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New license plate for my TC.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/21 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Texas requires plates front and back. Texas considers a truck camper as cargo. No plates for cargo.
If I was hauling dope I might worry about it, but I ain't. I'll argue the point with a LEO or the nearest fence post.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta
In MO any truck with a 16,000# plat or higher weight plate it goes on the front, no rear plate.

* This post was edited 05/17/21 05:31pm by woodworker414 *

Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

n0arp

FT

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 12x12 14ga sheet of steel and cut it in half for two 6x12" pieces. Spray painted them white, drilled holes, and mounted them where my factory plate on the truck goes as well as the plate on the TC.

Bought these from Amazon, mounted them to my plate, and move the plate between truck and camper in less than ten seconds.

2021 Ram 5500 Limited 84CA Cummins 4x4 w/ flatbed
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T (follow or TC toad)
2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB 2925W/22.8kWh, 30K multi-split
2016 Arctic Fox 1140 WB 1800W/11.4kWh

Supercharged111

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I transferred my plate to the camper. Once. Because I unloaded the thing and drove off with no plate. At least when it's on the truck it's in my possession. I have thought about making a fake copy for convenience's sake, because at the end of the day the fake isn't trying to stand a lone. The real deal would still be on the truck.

2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

Rscconrad

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 04:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put mine on the truck camper. Last thing I want is for a Leo to pull me over to check my plates. Right or wrong I figure if they can see the real deal on the tc they are way less likely to pull me over to check my plates than if the see nothing in the tc plate holder

ranholago

CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In CA, according to the one CHP officer I talked with about this subject, She says if you put it on the camper; "It is a reason to pull you over" if you put it on the pickup and I can not easily see it ," it is a reason to pull you over". My response was, well that is why I am talking to you now, so you don't have a reason to pull me over, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "its a reason to pull you over" she did qualify it with, if you are older its you and your wife, and there is no apparent other reason to stop you, she wouldn't pull us over.
I did not have that warm fuzzy feeling with that conversation.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ranholago wrote:

In CA, according to the one CHP officer I talked with about this subject, She says if you put it on the camper; "It is a reason to pull you over" if you put it on the pickup and I can not easily see it ," it is a reason to pull you over". My response was, well that is why I am talking to you now, so you don't have a reason to pull me over, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "its a reason to pull you over" she did qualify it with, if you are older its you and your wife, and there is no apparent other reason to stop you, she wouldn't pull us over.
I did not have that warm fuzzy feeling with that conversation.

I love her reply, at least she's honest.

I could care less if I get pulled over, its not an inconvenience to me at all. Besides, I'm not breaking any laws.

If I do get pulled over it just gives me the opportunity to once again thank another LEO for all the good they do for everyone every single day.

I love COPS.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Law and its enforcement are always funny topics.
CA and NV both have front license plate laws.
Yet my estimate is that about 10% of cars in CA and 40 % in Las Vegas drive with no front plates.
Go figure.
Over the years I bought several cars more than 2000 miles from home.
Lot of states require seller to hold the plates, so I drove those cars home without the plates at all. Only once in about 6 trips I got pulled over, but the patrolman let me go after I show him Bill of Sale.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

11 years with the TC, 11 years with the plate on the TC, 11 years with the plate registered with the bridge toll authority to pay my tolls. Never got pulled over, never got a failure to pay toll pull over, never forgot to put it on the truck when the camper is off. Traveled all over the USA with the plate on the camper never got pulled over.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/21 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aside from getting bent over for the tag costs every two years, not something we have here in Oregon as Campers are titled and plated in the same fashion as a Trailer or Motorhome.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New license plate for my TC.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.