Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Sharp Microwave Oven Door
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Sharp Microwave Oven Door

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
2chiefsRus

USA Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/21 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

grldst wrote:

Easy fix and a heck of a lot cheaper then buying a new one. I replaced mine some yrs back, don't remember the exact procedure, but I do remember I did NOT have to remove the microwave, and it was not difficult.

My foggy mind seems to recall that you remove the facial plate around the door and you will get access to the bolts/screws to remove the door.

You should be able to google for parts, and you tube may even have a video on the repair.

ON EDIT: My memory has recollected that when the facial is removed you will see the door latch workings. The door does not have to be removed. Its a cheap plastic latch that breaks. I tried glueing it and it didn't last long, so I just replaced it. Like I stated earlier, the parts are cheap, the fix easy.

thanks. on the move for a couple days. Will try to get into it once we get settled.

Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My DH repaired my Sharp Carousel Micro/Convection twice. First time the turntable motor needed replacing and the second, he replaced the door latch which broke. He never removed the appliance. He googled the repairs on YouTube and accomplished both with minimal effort. So before you go to the trouble of removing the microwave, google youtube and see how to fix it.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/21 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 wrote:

The cost of new unit maybe less than repair - make a phone call to repair shop to determine.

Convection/Microwave ovens are quite expensive ($600+) so a repair by comparison would be quite inexpensive. I have worked on a Sharp in the past and it does require it be removed. I could not figure out the problem but a local repair shop fixed it for about $50.

2chiefsRus

USA Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/21 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this part - Thank you for all the replies, we were able to access the broken part without removing the microwave. We had to remove 3 screws across the bottom and two screws in the front vent. Then we were able to pull the control panel up about a quarter inch and access the part. We have one on order. When we saw the part, it was obvious that the left "ear" was broken.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/21 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Common issue with any microwave, I know when this happens to our Sharp Convection microwave it will be fixed rather than thrown out. As seen above part to remedy this is cheap, I always buy two so there is no delay, having kids this plastic part breaks often.

2chiefsRus

USA Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Problem is Solved - Did not have take microwave down to install part. Less than $10 for this part - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZS3XMN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Sharp Microwave Oven Door
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.