That cracked me up when I saw it.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora
23 REPLIES 23

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
The three presidents couldn't have scared me and here I can't say why.

I just followed the science, I don't believe the Earth is flat.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd wrote:
playaboy wrote:
Canada can stay closed for as long as they want. I want the USA to end all land crossing restrictions on June 21st. Then our border cities can start to recover and Canadian RV'ers can escape Canada.

Here here

I want the borders to stay closed forever.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Wm.Elliot wrote:
That's where we are headed - a world where folks are silenced for their opinions. In my case I presented facts and simple math, along with questions about the effectiveness of lock downs. No lies, no misrepresentations.
What if the narrative is wrong? What if the 16 month efforts did more harm than good? What about people so frightened by the narrative that they didn't get a lump or a new pain diagnosed in time to save their lives? Will these people who ignored facts and science accept responsibility? Of course not.

A word to those who attack without ever disputing any point I raised. Stay home. Hide. No one will miss you. Travel in Mexico has always been a matter of overcoming irrational fears propagated by misleading news reports. Intellect allows people to decide whether or not what they hear is in fact true by venturing to think/see for themselves.

People have been scared by their leaders. Fear gives them control. Facts don't matter because they are paralyzed by fear.

I am a US citizen. I want the land and air covid restrictions ended.

Mexico did what it always does, say one thing and do another.

Canadians will probably stay locked up for another year unless the USA opens the northern land border. Then your government has to decide weather to allow you to leave or continue to keep you home.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
That's where we are headed - a world where folks are silenced for their opinions. In my case I presented facts and simple math, along with questions about the effectiveness of lock downs. No lies, no misrepresentations.
What if the narrative is wrong? What if the 16 month efforts did more harm than good? What about people so frightened by the narrative that they didn't get a lump or a new pain diagnosed in time to save their lives? Will these people who ignored facts and science accept responsibility? Of course not.

A word to those who attack without ever disputing any point I raised. Stay home. Hide. No one will miss you. Travel in Mexico has always been a matter of overcoming irrational fears propagated by misleading news reports. Intellect allows people to decide whether or not what they hear is in fact true by venturing to think/see for themselves.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Let's calm down. Nobody should be censored. We don't need "Closed: Border opening" part 2

The land and air border restrictions will be in place for another month. After that??????????????????

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
The interesting part is nothing has changed in terms of our way of thinking in the last 100 years. Human beings are so predictable.

No wonder they say "history repeats itself". Boy, have I seen a lot of that in the last two years.

In the end, Mother Nature will win, she always does.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my goodness! Look up numbers and facts. Use a calculator. Compare locked down masked up states in the US with states that did not lock down. There's no proof that any draconian restrictions had any measurable effect on the spread of Covid-19.
Heck, FOI made public emails from Dr.Fauci himself admitting that masks weren't effective and still some folks aren't swayed. It's got to be a form of Neurosis that causes people to vaccinate children, shut down schools, or wear masks outdoors to protect against a virus that is 99.7% survivable (unless you are a child ).
The damage done to individuals health, commerce, societal health, and economies by far outstrips whatever minuscule protections one might imagine lock downs might possibly provide.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
So far neither the US or Canada have opened their borders. But Trudeau is getting complaints from othe Liberals,US politicians and many citizens. Today he appears to be backing down. There will be changes shortly. Not months but weeks. It is about time. My guess is that the pressure from the US was very strong
He was making of himself. But there could be some surprises from the US regarding Mexico.

Talleyho69
Mexico opened registration today for the people 30 years of age and older. It's getting done.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
playaboy wrote:
Canada can stay closed for as long as they want. I want the USA to end all land crossing restrictions on June 21st. Then our border cities can start to recover and Canadian RV'ers can escape Canada.

Here here

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
"In fact, most vaccines don't fully protect against infection, even if they can block symptoms from appearing. As a result, vaccinated people can unknowingly carry and spread pathogens. Occasionally, they can even start epidemics."

Unfortunately, had Canada, the U.S., and Mexico followed those precautions initially, we wouldn't be in this current situation, less death and severe life-long illnesses, a rapid return to a vibrant economy, and free to travel all of North America.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that Canada has decided not to open their land border for months to come. Canadians RVer's should prepare for workarounds or be locked down for another winter.

Canada to lift some border restrictions July 5; next steps months awayhttps://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-lift-some-border-restrictions-july-5-foreign-travelers-still-excluded-2021-06-21/?fbclid=IwAR0rIshwZwHpkl6wRWK0YnjIAv3jBBlOL0ZDFZD8H4J5rrdaS1FaLd-t53Y

Here is some of the "Science" Canada is using.

"Trudeau addressed this on Friday at a press conference, acknowledging the ongoing border closure โ€œis frustrating.โ€

He explained that although fully vaccinated Canadians wanting to travel may be protected against hospitalizations, โ€œit does not protect the community around you from catching COVID-19 from you.โ€

REALLY???????

and the article

https://globalnews.ca/news/7961418/covid-canada-us-border-closed-july-21/

Talleyho69
It's impossible to compare the numbers from Mexico to those from the US and Canada. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
playaboy wrote:
I want the USA to end all land crossing restrictions on June 21st. Then our border cities can start to recover and Canadian RV'ers can escape Canada.

If only your or my wishes had any weight. They have already extended the closure to the 21st of JULY - not June.

With such a low number of active cases In Canada it is safer for the US (and Mexico) to let Canadians in, than for Canada to open its border to anybody. But I don't think the unilateral end of the closure is going to happen, this will cause too much political tensions.

OTH, active cases in Mexico are - very likely - same high as in the USA, their 0.16 per 100 people is a joke because they only test very sick people. I wrote this before, Mexico now have as many active cases as the USA and ~50 times more than in Canada. They just don't report it. It won't make things worse if the US open their border with Mexico Northbound, since both countries are in the same shape now. Had Mexico kept their border closed all this time, they could've flattened/delayed the number of active cases (and deaths), but this ship has already sailed.