Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Militarization of Aduanas

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
And everyone was all gung ho on this one. As you can see by the headlines,

"Militarization of Aduanas . . . And Corruption Increases"

Companies who import/export are claiming collusion between Aduana officials (military) and the National Guard. This is reported in Reynosa and Matamoros, not sure how many others are having the same problem. And many of us thought the military would save the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And while on the front page of one of Mexico's greatest newspapers, there is an article titled, "Ataca AMLO Clase Media", President Lopez Obrador (AMLO) Now Attacks The Middle-Class. He said and I quote:

"As a member of the middle, upper-middle-class, with a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, or a doctorate, no! It is very difficult to convince educated people of the 4T (Mexico's supposed fourth transformation).

Go on all of you middle-class, you are doing very well, because it is an aspirational attitude, it is to succeed at all costs, to get ahead.

But, unlike the middle classes, he affirmed, the "poor" people internalized well that, by combating corruption, things improve. Because of that, they have begun to receive resources from the government budget. (Welfare)".

Moderator, you can delete the second part, it really doesn't relate to rv directly but gives a good idea of where the country is going and what could be expected in the near future.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
33 REPLIES 33

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
The youngcouples know nothing about Mexico so the videos are worth zero. There is one fellow who posts some interesting info. How to get a Curp.getting a mortgage and much more. Usually people who claim to be experts are fakes.

Then you have oldtimers that post like they are experts. They constantly regurgitate the same (usually wrong) information they read on the internet. Sometimes for years.

Or they post about the time they drove to ---- back in 2008 and it was perfectly safe.

Or advice on car import rules without ever talking with a broker.

These oldtimers posters offer worse advice than most newly arrived YouTuber's.

Continually writing posts that are worth ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
moisheh wrote:
The youngcouples know nothing about Mexico so the videos are worth zero. There is one fellow who posts some interesting info. How to get a Curp.getting a mortgage and much more. Usually people who claim to be experts are fakes. I too remember Tioga and George
He spent 3 days at our casa while I repaired his rv. He had one persona for his followers but really was a moocher. He had very little sympathy for poor Mexicans.

I never got to meet him personally although I knew that he had an affect (a set of observable manifestations of an experienced emotion) of some kind.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The youngcouples know nothing about Mexico so the videos are worth zero. There is one fellow who posts some interesting info. How to get a Curp.getting a mortgage and much more. Usually people who claim to be experts are fakes. I too remember Tioga and George
He spent 3 days at our casa while I repaired his rv. He had one persona for his followers but really was a moocher. He had very little sympathy for poor Mexicans.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I'm happy for anyone who can make a buck. However, I have heard many people say, "well according to the Kinetic Kennons . . .". so that must be true!

There are very few experts on Mexico and I haven't really found one yet. Even though he is long gone, I still go back and read Tioga and George's blog from time to time because he did something I always wanted to do (being single made that easy for him). Many misinterpretations based on his personal experience such as there are no ATMs in Mexico (we have had them since 1979) causing readers to come to Mexico with wads of cash. His experience was based mostly on his trip through Baja and very few visits to cities or towns which didn't provide a picture of Mexico, only a small glimpse.

The videos are entertaining, to say the least, but usually titled to draw you in such as "Our Thoughts About Mexico Just Changed". They talk about the tooth fairy in the U.S. and the disgusting way we use the ratoncito (little mouse) in Mexico that takes the tooth. "What, I'm leaving Mexico". That was another Youtuber who drew in the crowds when in reality he was only going to the U.S. for a visit.

You've got to go to the source. Language or lack of it is the barrier for most.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I mentioned Tangerine because they are MX based videos and known to some of us. There are thousands more making a good living off of YouTube with videos.

Talleyho69
I agree. I checked them out and thought I would continue with my collection of, "my girlfriends sisters roommates cousins best friend had this happen to them." And we know it's all true!!!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
In my opinion, those surfer kids broke the law and the corrupt cop took advantage of it.

Nobody is mooching here. Many folks make a living from YouTube. Look at Tangerine Travels. I applaud these kids for figuring out how to live the lives they do.

I followed Tangerine Travels off and on. All information based on personal experiences and opinions. Very little factual info. They are out to make money which is good but their information sometimes is very misleading.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion, those surfer kids broke the law and the corrupt cop took advantage of it.

Nobody is mooching here. Many folks make a living from YouTube. Look at Tangerine Travels. I applaud these kids for figuring out how to live the lives they do.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the links guys! Checking it out.....

Yeah, some may try and monetize bad experiences. However it is the hidden/clandestine camera experience that I want to see....
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
150 years ago, Mark Twain wrote a book about this titled, "The Innocents Abroad".
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Just 2 more people trying to get the public to support their lifestyle. Moochers.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
playaboy wrote:
Was that the couple in the Class B RV that had illegal CBD products? She spoke Spanish?

That scenario doesn't sound familiar. Can you send me a link? If not, let me try and find it in Youtube.

Cheers

Start at about the 5 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQMCD3Srm10&t=639s

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
playaboy wrote:
Was that the couple in the Class B RV that had illegal CBD products? She spoke Spanish?

That scenario doesn't sound familiar. Can you send me a link? If not, let me try and find it in Youtube.

Cheers
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou