Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A followup on the thread on ATT 100 gig data plan
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A followup on the thread on ATT 100 gig data plan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought and set up the cheap ATT "Turbo Hotspot 2", using their new 100 gig prepaid plan.
The hotspot itself is available at ATT stores or your local Helmart. Priced at $49.99.
2 year warranty, can connect up to 15 devices, compact, uses a USB-C charging cable and has a 3000 mAhr battery. Does have WPS security.
Maybe it's my ears, but I have a horrible time with ATT customer service folks, accents are strong with them.
Once up and running we checked its usage against a Cellphone hotspot sitting right next to it.
We have 2 ATT service phones, a Moto G Power and a Nokia 5, both phones show a 4 bar signal the hotspot only shows 3.
Both phones gave my laptop speeds between 1.2 and 1.6 Meg. The portable hotspot gave speed reads of 9-14 meg. All speeds were checked with www.fast.com.
Will be interesting to see how it does from more remote locations.
For the moment, 100 gigs of data with no throttling for $55 a month seems pretty good.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That seems like such a bargain....I don't use that kind of data but if I'm paying 300.00 a year for 100 gigs for my ToGo via AT&T....well, it just doesn't quite add up? For me, that is.

I realize the ToGo deal was suppose to be unlimited but that lasted all of one year. Seems there should be something inbetween 1200 gigs for 660.00(55.00x12) and 100 gigs for 300.00 Yearly????

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

That seems like such a bargain....I don't use that kind of data but if I'm paying 300.00 a year for 100 gigs for my ToGo via AT&T....well, it just doesn't quite add up? For me, that is.

I realize the ToGo deal was suppose to be unlimited but that lasted all of one year. Seems there should be something inbetween 1200 gigs for 660.00(55.00x12) and 100 gigs for 300.00 Yearly????

How about 240 gigs a year for $300?
Look at the first plan
https://www.att.com/prepaid/mobile-hotspot-tablet/

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 11:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This plans make me nervous. They all say "of 5G data". What if 5G is not available and you are using 4G. Is there throttling of HD video ?

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

This plans make me nervous. They all say "of 5G data". What if 5G is not available and you are using 4G. Is there throttling of HD video ?

The hotspot they are selling and promoting on the store displays for $49.99 is a 4G unit. As to throttling, only time will tell.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

The hotspot they are selling and promoting on the store displays for $49.99 is a 4G unit. As to throttling, only time will tell.

I would never buy any hotspot that does NOT have external antenna inputs.

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

I would never buy any hotspot that does NOT have external antenna inputs.

Well good for you,,,,, enjoy.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A followup on the thread on ATT 100 gig data plan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.