cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Al[pine WY to Cody WY

jdwilfert
Explorer
Explorer
What route would you recommend for a 45 ft Diesel pusher towing a Jeep going from Alpine WY to Cody WY.

I have choice of:

US-89 ==> to US-191 ==> US-20 ==> US-40

or

US-26 ==> US-20 ==> US-191 ==> US-14

Shortest is the first route and seems to be the most direct BUT I do not want to get on roads that will be horrible to drive.

THX
4 REPLIES 4

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Waiting time can be over an hour at the gate. Go early!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the others, just go through Yellowstone NP. The north and west entrances were backing up early during May. I expect they will continue to have record visitation this summer, so get to the park as early as you can and don't be surprised if you have to wait at the entry station.
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto to ivylog. We do it every year with our rig. Just check fire locations.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would go straight north to Yellowstone and then to Cody. I would get a early start so hopefully the south entrance will not be backed up.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...