Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Portable Rolling 5-10 Gal Water Container
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Portable Rolling 5-10 Gal Water Container

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Steakman

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy folks..

One of the issues that comes up from time to time is a lack of fresh water. If on a weekend get away, both the wife n I like to have a shower at least once...add in a couple nights dishes - toilets flushing - Hand washing afterwards - teeth brushing before bed...the tank is near empty.

RELIANCE used to offer an exceptional pce of equipment: 7 gallon, wheeled and a large opening at the top to insert a manual vacuum bilge pump & one could easily add sufficient water without having to hold a 5 Gallon Collapsable type up in the air (50lbs)for the 7--10 minutes it takes to fully empty.

If any of you have any suggestions as to something similar and where to acquire..?? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I do have a potential Reliance one..but the seller is unsure if his distributor still has one in stock - heres hoping (E-Bay).

Cheers and Thank you
Theo

M'self and the Bride...of 32 yrs
'06 GMC DMax CCSB 594,545 km (368,890 miles)
2003 Citation 26RKS.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the product you're referring to is the Reliance Hydroller, which as you said, seems to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere.

Some companies sell a rolling wastewater tote, which they say is good for freshwater too since it's made of food safe HDPE. Just don't mix uses between freshwater and wastewater [emoticon]

Or maybe you could make your own rolling tote by strapping a water container of your choice to a Folding 2 Wheel Hand Cart

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or, you could get a $20 drill pump and a couple of 5 gallon water containers. If you want to go all out, a 12V water pump with a switch would work great.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazon has several that may suit your needs.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The biggest single improvement that you can make is to conserve water. Clearly using a full tank on a weekend trip falls way short of that.

I do lots of remote camping in the desert SW where it is often difficult to find water. It is also often hot and I spend my days outside hiking. I want a daily shower. My daily water use is about 2 gallons for drinking and washing dishes. A navy style shower uses 1 gallon. So I count on using 3 gallons per day. If my wife is with me she uses a bit more water for rinsing her hair so her showers are about 1.5 gallons and the daily total use is about 5 gallons. That number is certainly towards the minimal side, but it is certainly not difficult to keep well under 10 gallons a day.

I did not mention flushing the toilet. We have a cassette toilet with a separate 6 gallon tank that lasts at least a week or two.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

5-10 gallon containers don't really help that much, unless you have about 10 of them. I carry 3- 26 gallon custom-made tanks on the truck bed. I'm not much into conservation.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Portable Rolling 5-10 Gal Water Container
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.