cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to find toads for sale

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Is there a website where people list their toads for sale? We are looking for a toad and prefer finding one that's already setup for towing.
19 REPLIES 19

Community Alumni
Not applicable
georgelesley wrote:
RVT.com as a toad/towing vehicle search option

Thank you.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
RVT.com as a toad/towing vehicle search option
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Community Alumni
Not applicable
2002 HR Endeavor wrote:
I've seen a few sites like this https://www.carizona.com/rv-flat-tow-vehicles
Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
bigred1cav wrote:
i have one

Thanks. but you're a bit to far from me.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
i have one

2002_HR_Endeavo
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a few sites like this https://www.carizona.com/rv-flat-tow-vehicles
Hope this helps.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Escapees RV Club has a For Sale section that list some RV Network

To answer the OP's *question*.....

As above try the various RV forums (like SKPs) that allow "for sale".

Only other alternative is to search CraigsList, AutoTrader, Ebay, etc.

You might try a "wanted" post on the above. Suggest you get a phone service for incoming calls only (about $8. per month). Saves a lot of calls at 2AM, 6AM, 11Pm, & obvious "junk" calls.

Most allow a pretty lengthy "outgoing" message - to describe exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck.

:C

dedmiston
Moved from General RVing.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I can get you a good deal on this one.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a dolly 20+ years ago and can tow all front wheel drive cars and some rear/4 wheel drives. Whole lot cheaper and 100% more flexible. I can hook up a vehicle on the dolly in 10 min and I am 80 years old. But I have seen toads for sale here on Craigs list several times. NC is a little far for you I guess.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
D.E.Bishop wrote:
What are you looking for in a towed? Is there a web site telling us what rv you have and what you want a towed to do.

Thats enought of the snarky answers, there isn't a specific site that lists towables for sale. If you can do the work to convert a vehicle to a towed, there is a yearly listing of vehicles that can be towed four down. I believe it is by MoHo magazine, it is part of Affinity.

If you can't do the converrsion, there are folks that can. Most mobile rv techs for instance.

One thing about milage is that most new towables have electronic speedos. They do not show the miles towed. What a used towed's speedo shows may be much less than the total miles the vehicle may have endured.

New vehicles that I would use are way over the weight I would like to tow. My current towed is a 2009 GMC Canyon and is over 4000 lbs. The only good thing about it is that it is towable four down without any mods to the vehicle. I gave my Daughter my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara because I wanted a 4x4 truck that was towable. I am going to buy it back and give her the Canyon for a down payment on a new car. I'll buy a 2wd F150 beater truck DD and keep the Suzi for towing. Oh, by the way, it is my wife who wants the towed to be a 4x4 and I want a truck for z DD.

I towed for several years in the past. I'm open to different vehicles, provided they're newer and small to medium size, and within reasonable distance from where I live.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
What are you looking for in a towed? Is there a web site telling us what rv you have and what you want a towed to do.

Thats enought of the snarky answers, there isn't a specific site that lists towables for sale. If you can do the work to convert a vehicle to a towed, there is a yearly listing of vehicles that can be towed four down. I believe it is by MoHo magazine, it is part of Affinity.

If you can't do the converrsion, there are folks that can. Most mobile rv techs for instance.

One thing about milage is that most new towables have electronic speedos. They do not show the miles towed. What a used towed's speedo shows may be much less than the total miles the vehicle may have endured.

New vehicles that I would use are way over the weight I would like to tow. My current towed is a 2009 GMC Canyon and is over 4000 lbs. The only good thing about it is that it is towable four down without any mods to the vehicle. I gave my Daughter my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara because I wanted a 4x4 truck that was towable. I am going to buy it back and give her the Canyon for a down payment on a new car. I'll buy a 2wd F150 beater truck DD and keep the Suzi for towing. Oh, by the way, it is my wife who wants the towed to be a 4x4 and I want a truck for z DD.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Community Alumni
Not applicable