Explorer
Looking for advise on classA windshield covers
Kenneth
12 REPLIES 12

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
atsrmf wrote:
Make your own, they have the material at Home Depot. That's what I did. I also made covers for all the windows to keep the sun out.

Did the same but just the windshield.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Out for 3 months roaming around the North West and got tired of being cooked with the heat coming through the windshield and side glass. Yep, Magna Shade are very expensive and they are about 6 weeks out from placing an order, but having them up and working for the past few days was well worth the investment. These things just plain work. Have not met anyone who owns them that has felt they spent money foolishly.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Make your own, they have the material at Home Depot. That's what I did. I also made covers for all the windows to keep the sun out.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another vote for MagnaShade. Yes, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. We stay 90% in Florida and use the MH a lot in the summer and it makes a significant deference in the inside temp. Much cooler in the MH now, especially in the front of the MH.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

mikey52
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for MagnaShade. Simple to put on and take off. We like it much better than the interior style shade.
2013 Discovery 40x
2016 GMC Canyon
2011 BMW R1200RT

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Magneshade clicky
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
MagneShade.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
MagneShade, now for 12 years.
-jbh-

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Branson N Tucson wrote:
Magne shades are very pricy and just the same Hassel as the ones you snap on the out side windshield. Check on what Shade Pro offers at a third of price.

no hassel getting it on and off. sure, the first few times are a learning curve but it's a short LC. and it comes off in seconds. to each their own.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Shade Pro inside shades do not work nearly as well as those installed externally. Additionally, the MagneShade is NOT "the same hassle" as the snap on's. I have snap on's and they work for me but I don't have a super tall windshield like many of the newer RV's. For those, the MagneShade can be installed safely while standing on the ground. You would need a ladder to install the snap on's.
I like both as they both perform substantially better than the inside stick-on units.

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Magne shades are very pricy and just the same Hassel as the ones you snap on the out side windshield. Check on what Shade Pro offers at a third of price.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jkmac408 wrote:
Looking for advise on classA windshield covers

we did our reserch on this a few years back and settled on MagneShade and we're very pleased with the choice. we had used the reflective foil on the inside of the windshield for a few seasons and while that worked well in keeping interior temps down we grew tired of perpetual night inside. the MagneShade allows light in but keeps the heat down especially when we're parked facing south or west. no ladders needed, no snaps to install or break.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle