Did you mean:ย 

New Verizon Data Plans

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon News Announcement

and

MIRC Right on Top of It

Since I have a Verizon Unlimited plan, I could add a 100GB hotspot Pro Data plan $60/month.

AT&T & T Mobile have cheaper 100GB data plans, but it's a far cry from the $180/month I used to pay in 2016 for a 40GB Verizon data plan.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs
7 REPLIES 7

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I can't believe how complicated this is

First, stop whining. Lots of things are complicated.

2oldman wrote:
Is this hotspot plan in addition to what a qualifying 'unlimited' costs?

Yes. You pay for an unlimited plan and one of the new data plans.

2oldman wrote:
So... how much data do I get on the phone?

Depends. Depending on how much data you want, you may only need one of Verizon's unlimited plans.

For example, with my Verizon Start Unlimited plan (the cheapest plan @ $70/month for 1 line), I have unlimited data on both of my phones. However, I cannot have a hotspot device with this plan. Also, with this plan I cannot use my phones as hotspots. That's the rub with many people. With my two phones, the cost is $60/month per phone, but with equipment protection, surcharges, and taxes, it's more like $75/month per phone . . . so about $150/month.

However, I could upgrade to the Get More Unlimited plan ($90/month for 1 line). I'd still get unlimited data on my phones PLUS I could add a hotspot device with a 30GB/month data cap. My cost with two phones would now be about $190/month.

You with me so far?

If you need more than 30GB/month that you can share on a hotspot, then you would have to add one of Verizon's new data plans (Essential, Plus, Pro, or Premium).
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
If you already have a hotspot, you can see if it qualifies using ..
Did that.. thanks. So... how much data do I get on the phone? Is this hotspot plan in addition to what a qualifying 'unlimited' costs?

(I can't believe how complicated this is)
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Note on all Verizon plans at all times you can save 15% if you are a military veteran
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Looks like I have to buy a hotspot device.

Yes, you'll need one. If you already have a hotspot, you can see if it qualifies using this link.

2oldman wrote:

"Pro: $60 for Verizon customers with a smartphone on an eligible Unlimited plan or $90 as a standalone plan" They make it so confusing. What does this mean?? Do I have to first sign up for an unlimited plan, then port up to the Pro plan??? I went to a Verizon store and the nice young lady salesperson had no idea what I was talking about.

Yeah, there's a boatload of terminology and caveats. Here's a chart that may simplify things:

Also, here's a description of Verizon's current unlimited smartphone plans.

What impresses me is what happens AFTER you exceed the data caps on the Pro & Premium plans . . . you get unlimited data at 3 Mbps. That's faster than many of the speed tests I did on Verizon's Visible.
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
ATT prepaid data plan.
ATT
This is a standalone plan, no other line needed.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I have to buy a hotspot device. I went through the phone questions and was re-routed back to their old data plans. I wish Verizon would just let me have a better plan for the hotspot on MY phone. "Any hotspot device" doesn't seem to be true.

"Pro: $60 for Verizon customers with a smartphone on an eligible Unlimited plan or $90 as a standalone plan" They make it so confusing. What does this mean?? Do I have to first sign up for an unlimited plan, then port up to the Pro plan??? I went to a Verizon store and the nice young lady salesperson had no idea what I was talking about.

Another one of their wonderful unspoken features is, once you change your data plan, you can't go back.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Wow for the same money I just went from 30GB to 100GB -thanks for the post
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks