cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

QTLA9111, donde esta?

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Where have you been? I hope things are good and you are just taking a break from us.
8 REPLIES 8

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Talleyho69 wrote:
In our's too!

๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
I am glad to hear things are good.

Speaking of Mexican Circus and Carny folks,

I lived in Paamul for 15 years. Paamul is a place where RV's go to retire on the beach, where they rot away. Once the building prohibition was lifted, people wanted to get out of their mold infested RV and build a block home. What do you do with a rotting, mold-infested, wheels that don't turn because they are solid rust? We would call the circus. They would come and haul these rust buckets away and pay you to do it. Then they re-hab them and take em on the road.

QTLA, when you hit the road again, you can come and safely boondock in my yard. ๐Ÿ™‚

Too funny! I had purchased a porcelain toilet last year as an upgrade to our TT. It didn't fit and to drive to Laredo to return it or ship the boat anchor was not going to happen.

I put an ad on Facebook and a day later a couple showed up to buy it. They work in Yucatan and bought one of those rust buckets on the beach, an Airstream. They gutted it and are putting it on pontoons to make a floating house.

I've visited circus folk in Mexico, Chile, and Colombia when I've seen them. Pretty sh--- living conditions although some of them have been able to upgrade. Kind of like the "ropa" industry. The clothes pass down through the Americas and when there isn't much left in the bails worth salvaging it is shipped off to Africa where they make those rag rugs we have all had at one time or another.

Imagine attempting to import an RV from the north of the continent to South America. And here we worry about our TIP being approved. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Talleyho69
In our's too!

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad to hear things are good.

Speaking of Mexican Circus and Carny folks,

I lived in Paamul for 15 years. Paamul is a place where RV's go to retire on the beach, where they rot away. Once the building prohibition was lifted, people wanted to get out of their mold infested RV and build a block home. What do you do with a rotting, mold infested, wheels that don't turn because they are solid rust? We would call the circus. They would come and haul these rust buckets away and pay you to do it. Then they re-hab them and take em on the road.

QTLA, when you hit the road again, you can come and safely boondock in my yard. ๐Ÿ™‚

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Reisender wrote:
Too funny. Wife was on a couple websites looking at locations in SMA and Queratero to rent for a few months for the winter. Are you moving to SMA?

Not permanently as of yet. It would be nice to rent out for the winter and use it ourselves in the summer when the sun is sitting on top of northern Mexico.

It will be a while until it's furnished. But it will be fun in the process.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
LOL!!!

:B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Too funny. Wife was on a couple websites looking at locations in SMA and Queratero to rent for a few months for the winter. Are you moving to SMA?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Better you guys are taking a break from me, all the gloom and doom I spread. ๐Ÿ™‚

We are currently in San Miguel de Allende and the weather couldn't be better. Working on the new house and we have found a place to park the RV when we come down.

Waiting for December school vacation to take the RV somewhere like Durango and then final retirement for the SO is April 14th. Online classes make it easier to travel.

Like everyone else, we just want all this to go away but experts say we still have another year at least. No planes, trains, or buses for us until such time it is deemed safe.

I am still concerned about rv travel in Mexico as things aren't getting any better even here in gringolandia SMA. We're housesitting in a very exclusive part of rural SMA (million-dollar-plus homes just 5 km from town) and a body was dumped on the street over the weekend with a message, Wednesday night was a massacre in downtown SMA. I guess you can't escape it but from my POV when you're two old farts pulling a travel trailer with Mexican plates it's either you're suspect or they think we are ex-circus acrobats scouting for the Atayde Circus group (and those are true stories).

If anyone remembers Rosie's Rv Park in Cuidad Victoria, she was behind us as we pulled into the gates. She started honking and waving at us. She pulled up beside us and said, "no circus folk allowed here". ๐Ÿ™‚ HAGD
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS