Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do you do this in the US?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Do you do this in the US?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Do you do this the US?"

I don't personally, but if you've ever been camped at/near a mosquito infested Alpine lake, you'll quickly understand at least one reason why people do it.

When I visited friends in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, virtually everyone in the bricks and mortar development who had a pool, had a fully enclosed screened patio deck to keep the bugs out. (not to mention the occasional alligator)

Chum lee

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 03:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I'm speaking of similar setups to your picture.

Also, not great when a wind storm rolls thru. Instead of 30 seconds to roll up the awning.

Still does not take long. If windy just roll it up if you are going before it gets too windy.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 03:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chum lee wrote:

"Do you do this the US?"

I don't personally, but if you've ever been camped at/near a mosquito infested Alpine lake, you'll quickly understand at least one reason why people do it.

When I visited friends in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, virtually everyone in the bricks and mortar development who had a pool, had a fully enclosed screened patio deck to keep the bugs out. (not to mention the occasional alligator)

Chum lee

Flies in outback Australia

DouglasC

Grand Haven, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a screen room (with canvas flaps) to use with our 1st Class A motorhome back in the early/mid 1990s. Even had the fabric altered to fit our longer & higher 2nd Class A motorhome. As had been mentioned, set up and take down were quite a job and time consuming. Due to that, we didn't use the screen room all that much, only when we stayed at least a week in one location (which didn't often happen back then).

Seems like one rarely sees these screen rooms anymore. Guess the cost and difficulty of set up and take down caused them to go out of favor with the RVing crowd.

Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/21 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DouglasC wrote:

We purchased a screen room (with canvas flaps) to use with our 1st Class A motorhome back in the early/mid 1990s. Even had the fabric altered to fit our longer & higher 2nd Class A motorhome. As had been mentioned, set up and take down were quite a job and time consuming. Due to that, we didn't use the screen room all that much, only when we stayed at least a week in one location (which didn't often happen back then).

Seems like one rarely sees these screen rooms anymore. Guess the cost and difficulty of set up and take down caused them to go out of favor with the RVing crowd.

If it is part of the awning not that much of a problem, otherwise it is like putting up a tent

hujarine

United State

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've only seen people do it in Europe, Swiss and some part of Italy. Not so sure about US

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Do you do this in the US?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.