cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVECO Daily: strange towing choice from Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
One of the greatest mysteries I have found is why so many owners like this 3litre Diesel cab chassis variant of a European Van as a tow vehicle for a 32-34ft 5th wheeler.Photos give you some idea why. Owners really love these 5th wheel tugs

13 REPLIES 13

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an Off Road 5th Wheel 25ft by Trailblazers RV towed by a IVECO

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
A few folks here in the states use the cab over trucks which helps to have a shorter wheelbase then a conventional truck but as one gets older climbing in that type of truck become work.
Keep posting the unique rigs I enjoy seeing all the different set ups.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Well something a bit different, shows the variety here. An old Scania truck

A Ford Transit

IVECO Daily Wildcat 5th wheel

Japanese Truck with " Garage"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
afidel wrote:
Looks to fill the niche that the F450/550/650 and similar are used for in the US, not quite medium duty semi tractor but something much more stout than a normal pickup/ute.

Bit slower up hills, but quite amazing what it can do

As a large Truck Camper base

As a base for a 30ft European Motorhome with a garage for a smart car

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks to fill the niche that the F450/550/650 and similar are used for in the US, not quite medium duty semi tractor but something much more stout than a normal pickup/ute.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Slownsy wrote:
Robert som of those pictures are from other countries not Australia. But yes a fair few use them for there FW
Frank.

Frank yes but I was showing how capable the IVECO Daily is and it's various uses. Still amazed how popular it is as a tow vehicle.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Robert som of those pictures are from other countries not Australia. But yes a fair few use them for there FW
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
A few more comments I found on another site.
There's nothing wrong with the automatic! The iveco does a brilliant job of towing our fiver up hills and down dale. It's great that you can use it as a manual when you need to.

My daughter advertised this for me as I am dumb with all this modern technology. the van is actually 33 ft long, it is the SUNDANCE model and is ideal if one wants to add bunks without any alteration. The IVECO is a dual cab tip truck six speed manual, making it a very useful piece of equipment apart from pulling the van. They are both licensed in WA

We got an 2021 dual cab brand new , got told to cut 400ml of Tray/chassis dammmmmmmmm but not for sale beautiful truck ????????

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Good looking setup - but how does the 3L diesel do and highway speeds?

Rob

Same as anything else. If it did not it would not be that good as a tow vehicle

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good looking setup - but how does the 3L diesel do and highway speeds?

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I like the design of the truck.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
They must be capable units with so many being used, thanks for sharing.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Typical comments about them
Mine is a 36 fter cross road cruiser and it is towed by a iveco 50 c 18. Its a great tug.

Our 2014 Iveco 50C21 lwb, 6spd manual, diff locks, ECAS rear airbags. Excellent on fuel. Gr8 truck. Very happy with it.

50C21 - 5 years 140k klm. Minor issues but great truck.

I have a 2018 70C21 8 speed Auto 210 HP chipped after only 300k ( 300,000kilometres or 186411miles)with a DB chip, so not sure about the difference but happy with the performance. Returns about 16Lt per 100k at about 85-90 kph(14.7mpg US) pulling the van at 10.2 tonne(22487lb). Fly's along unhooked and so far hasn't missed a beat