cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning the outside of the 5'er do to oxidation

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if using a "Pressure Washer" would be ok to clean the exterior of our 5'er ? It has a moderate amount of oxidation due to sitting. Hubby as already removed the old decals and is thinking about painting "New Ones" on once its cleaned. Any help would be appreciated.
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W
6 REPLIES 6

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the process of renewing our unit, stripping vinyls, removing oxidation.
Meguires #67 one step polish does a nice job, using a power buffer working one small area at a time and overlapping.
Then we clean with a 4" round brush on a drill with soapy water and Bar Keepers Friend.
Next will be wiping down with rubbing alcohol where new vinyls go then use the ' wet set' method of placing the vinyls.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I've used PoliGlow in the past for an older 5er. The Poli Prep will remove all oxidation and discoloration, letting you start on a very clean slate. When I finished my front cap, I looked at it under a full moon and couldn't believe how shiny it was.
https://www.poliglowproducts.com/#/
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will be using a polisher and gel coat oxidation removal compound on my project.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've powerwashed a few RVs before waxing. Be careful around windows and slide seals.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the Zep/Red Max Pro process.

Red Max Pro is no longer available. Zep 3 is the same thing, it's sold at Home Depot and I'm sure many other places.

It did a nice job on our 96 Southwind. If you don't want to use the Zep on your rig, use the wax of your choice. But, do the process to remove the oxidation. It works great.
The Zep held up very well for me.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Zep floor wax was popular a few years ago. It lasted longer. Check out YouTube