cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Reopening Canadian Border

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
The US is reopening the Canadian/US border next month to fully vaccinated individuals: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/us/politics/us-canada-mexico-borders-open.html

No exact date has been given. People who have not been prohibited such as truckers, etc., will now also have to be fully vaccinated.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
16 REPLIES 16

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Number 6). US Congress Representatives are making a push to the CDC to quickly clarify whether or not "mixed" two-dose vaccines given to foreign nationals will be acceptable vaccines to facilitate crossing the US border. 4,000,000 Canadians have taken the mixed doses. 7) well, we probably all know by now the border opens up on November 8.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe, Absolutely, you said it a better and clearer way.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad -- yes, you say the particulars of these border openings so much better than I do. There is a "US Embassy and Consulates in Canada Fact Sheet" (use those words on Google) which will appear on the internet from the State Department to indicate what we have discussed. I am computer challenged at managing links. However, this news is so new that the Dept of State may not, as yet, amended the Fact Sheet. As more details become available from reliable sources, would you help add those to the list? By the way, the answer is "FDA or WHO."

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing it appears will be necessary is a negative PCR test when returning to Canada, but not when going south.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
charlestonsouthern wrote:
Crowe, since you announced this happy event, I've been attempting to parse out the details of the US border opening.

3) There will be no 72-hour PCR testing required,

5) Acceptable double vaccinations will only be those approved by the FDA and WHO.

Purely as clarification, from what’s been announced so far it appears that re: 3), there will be no requirement for testing of any kind, PCR or otherwise, and 5), the requirement will be a vaccine approved by either the FDA OR the WHO, not both, I.E. the AstraZeneca will suffice.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
charlestonsouthern wrote:
Crowe, since you announced this happy event, I've been attempting to parse out the details of the US border opening. 1) The exact date in November we do not know, 2) It now provides that all "essential" travelers have to be double vaccinated, commercial truck drivers, etc, 3) There will be no 72-hour PCR testing required, 4) Of course, all "non-essential".travelers must be double vaccinated, 5) Acceptable double vaccinations will only be those approved by the FDA and WHO.

"Double vaccinated" is a bit of a misnomer. They just need to complete the series of two shots which is considered one vaccination or have had the J&J shot.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have edited or deleted several posts that were not directly related to the opening of the Canada US border, or were either off-topic or political.

Please keep the discussion to the OP’s topic.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe, since you announced this happy event, I've been attempting to parse out the details of the US border opening. 1) The exact date in November we do not know, 2) It now provides that all "essential" travelers have to be double vaccinated, commercial truck drivers, etc, 3) There will be no 72-hour PCR testing required, 4) Of course, all "non-essential".travelers must be double vaccinated, 5) Acceptable double vaccinations will only be those approved by the FDA and WHO.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
We are thrilled to have our Canadian friends back in Florida for the winter again !!! See you in November !!!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard the good news a few minutes ago on CNN news; A certain day in November will be D-day. The only reservations the US government has are some US states, for example the Dakotas, bumped up against the Canadian border which have been very uncooperative in taking the vaccines; illogical for those states to do that as they lose a lot of Canadian business while ports of entries near those locations "may" stay closed.

Canucks, come on down! Myrtle Beach, SC was hopping this past weekend--the big RV Show, Antique Car Show, the Flying Fish Restaurant and Bar at Barefoot Landing was packed, and the Alabama Theater with country music flowing out of the doors. Maybe Myrtle Beach will start up the Canadian Days Parade again soon.

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
US going north has been open since August
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to all Canadians!

How about for US going north?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Sure works for us, we haven’t seen our campsite for almost two years! :C

… Eric

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Can we not make this political please?

Lwiddis, you are welcome!

Douglas Adams