cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1996 Damon Electric Question?

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1996 Damon Intruder and for some reason all of a sudden I have no 12volt power to the MH.
If I am plugged in to shore power all works great. I fi I start the generator and unplug shore power all works fine.
When I unplug shore power and **** off generator I have nothing.
The house batteries are good and showing 12.7 volts when everything is off power.

Anyone know where to start? I have checked every fuse and wire that I can fin with no bad wires.

I have a Model ATS 501 automatic Line generator switch in it and was wondering if this is maybe an area to look at.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Dennis-Dad
Living The Dream- Not full timing but wintering in Texas
Lifes So Short--Let's go Rv'ing :W
8 REPLIES 8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It may not be the switch.
Could be loose connection on the battery disconnect relay, or the relay itself.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
Like to say Thank You to everyone that took the time to help out on this post!!
The fix was the disconnect switch on the dash. after several repeated on and off flips it came on and started working. I was sooooo happy. Think for sure I will be replacing that switch!!!
Thanks so much Dad-Dennis

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much MT Bob--These are my starting points tomorrow. Hope to find the malfunction in one of these. Thanks much everyone. I will let you all know what I find!!!
Dennis

MT_BOB
Explorer
Explorer
dad4papa2 wrote:
Battery disconnect switch is on the dash I believe and I think it is working. I will check it tomorrow!
thanks Dennis

Was going to say- back then Damon used to use a rocker switch, controlling a relay,to control the house batteries. The switch could be in the footwell/steps area, or in the dash. The relay could be in the battery compartment, or under the hood, on the firewall.

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
Battery disconnect switch is on the dash I believe and I think it is working. I will check it tomorrow!
thanks Dennis

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I have any type of switch over my door. I will look in my manual and see if I have anything like that. I am not sure how all that works as far as letting the systems know if I'm om shore,generater or batteries. Something surely tells the MH to switch to battery!
thanks Dennis I will check on that!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Battery disconnect turn off.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about the master Sales switch maybe over the entrance door. Your transfer switch only works for AC not battery.