Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good report on Lippert support-- beyond outstanding!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Good report on Lippert support-- beyond outstanding!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
howardwheeler

West, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Through the years, I've read many posts slamming Lippert, especially for their frames. So with the experience with Lippert support that we just had with my son's hydraulic Ground Control leveling system, I had to write. First, the system is out of warranty. Second, the fault eventually was discovered to be not even caused by a Lippert component. Now with this understanding, Melvin with the support team at Lippert took multiple phone calls from us, walked us through multiple troubleshooting scenarios and finally led us to the problem: improper wiring from the factory on a four year old Sierra fifth wheel! I know y'all are amazed to think the factory may have put out a less than perfect unit (smiley face). The hydraulic system has never really worked correctly, but we just thought it was the limits of the system--slide outs timing out before fully extended, the jacks sometimes doing the same. But then, worst of all, it blew out the control module. Then we started calling. After we replaced and corrected all the wiring and replaced the module (which Lippert gave us!!) everything is literally better than new. I really am amazed at the extra miles Melvin took to solve our problem. So kudos to Lippert Support!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've also read posts, people not liking Lippert, quality, or service. I've contacted them several times by phone, talked with friendly/knowledgeable people. My questions answered, and a part I asked for, sent very promptly.

Makes you wonder, how many people parrot displeasure, concerning a company they have never dealt with?

Jerry

Lwiddis

Anza-Borrego Desert SP area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the positive report on Lippert.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/21 04:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always great to hear a good report on receiving help when needed!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Makes you wonder, how many people parrot displeasure, concerning a company they have never dealt with?

Something like people who bash the Dexter EZ Lube axles. But when pushed, admit they never owned an RV with those axles. Or those who bashed the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke. But, again, when pushed admit they never owned one. And the list goes on. Human nature at its less than best.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Good report on Lippert support-- beyond outstanding!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.