cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good report on Lippert support-- beyond outstanding!

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
Through the years, I've read many posts slamming Lippert, especially for their frames. So with the experience with Lippert support that we just had with my son's hydraulic Ground Control leveling system, I had to write. First, the system is out of warranty. Second, the fault eventually was discovered to be not even caused by a Lippert component. Now with this understanding, Melvin with the support team at Lippert took multiple phone calls from us, walked us through multiple troubleshooting scenarios and finally led us to the problem: improper wiring from the factory on a four year old Sierra fifth wheel! I know y'all are amazed to think the factory may have put out a less than perfect unit (smiley face). The hydraulic system has never really worked correctly, but we just thought it was the limits of the system--slide outs timing out before fully extended, the jacks sometimes doing the same. But then, worst of all, it blew out the control module. Then we started calling. After we replaced and corrected all the wiring and replaced the module (which Lippert gave us!!) everything is literally better than new. I really am amazed at the extra miles Melvin took to solve our problem. So kudos to Lippert Support!
6 REPLIES 6

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert really came through for me on my 6 point levelling jacks!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Pscott
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is that front jacks of ground control 3 systems do not actually have the lift capacity that they are supposedly rated for. They have always sounded like they are struggling to lift my 5th wheel with a hitch weigh of about 3200 lbs. It doesn’t seem to matter how new the batteries are.

After fighting with Auto Level for years I have come to the conclusion that it really shouldn’t be described as a leveling system, as it has very limited leveling ability and since it can’t stabilize if it can’t level it shouldn’t be called a stabilizer system either. The only job the system reliably performs is lifting the front of the RV to get it off the truck. Other than that it can’t be trusted.

Regarding Lippert Tech support, to be fair, they try but many of the technicians lack experience. Hours spent talking to Lippert support after an auto level fail have made me realize that the best thing Lippert could tell you is not to use Auto Level on anything but a level lot.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
MFL wrote:

Makes you wonder, how many people parrot displeasure, concerning a company they have never dealt with?

Something like people who bash the Dexter EZ Lube axles. But when pushed, admit they never owned an RV with those axles. Or those who bashed the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke. But, again, when pushed admit they never owned one. And the list goes on. Human nature at its less than best.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Always great to hear a good report on receiving help when needed!!!!
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the positive report on Lippert.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've also read posts, people not liking Lippert, quality, or service. I've contacted them several times by phone, talked with friendly/knowledgeable people. My questions answered, and a part I asked for, sent very promptly.

Makes you wonder, how many people parrot displeasure, concerning a company they have never dealt with?

Jerry