Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Recall of 19/20 Ram Cummins 6.7 diesels
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Recall of 19/20 Ram Cummins 6.7 diesels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/03/21 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

" I believe Ram and Cummins went to court a few years back over who was responsible for various warranty issues."

As a friend would say to me "please prove that".
Google is your friend. Surprised you missed this. Here's one link, among many, that provide some details.


Yep, my 2015 got that recall. As part of it they removed one of the sensors that was causing false error codes.



Same here on my 2014.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/03/21 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

" I believe Ram and Cummins went to court a few years back over who was responsible for various warranty issues."

As a friend would say to me "please prove that".
Google is your friend. Surprised you missed this. Here's one link, among many, that provide some details.


Yep, my 2015 got that recall. As part of it they removed one of the sensors that was causing false error codes.



Same here on my 2014.


Mine did also but my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to.

Kinda like when people constantly claimed Ford owned Cummins. The FACT was they owned shares in Cummins but NEVER owned Cummins.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

stsmark

Northern CA

Senior Member

Joined: 09/09/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/03/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I was doing some digging and is it correct that they have not gone back to the CP3 but actually switched to a symmetric cam CP4? The trouble pump was a Asymmetric cam CP4.

otrfun

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 09/08/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/03/21 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

. . . my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to . . .
Absolutely nothing vague about what I said, Cummins12V98. You completely missed the context.

I mentioned the Ram vs. Cummins lawsuit (circa 2015-2017) as a possible precedence for how Ram and Cummins may potentially have problems sharing future costs for the CP4 warranty claims. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wanted more specifics or details all you had to do was take the time to google it.

You mentioned previously you "didn't miss anything". Either you did or you didn't. Which is it????

Bottom line, I wasn't being vague. You simply failed (or refused) to connect the dots.

otrfun

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 09/08/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/03/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

So I was doing some digging and is it correct that they have not gone back to the CP3 but actually switched to a symmetric cam CP4? The trouble pump was a Asymmetric cam CP4.
What you're referencing was a mid-year CP4 fix action. The pump on the 2021+ Rams looks strikingly similar to the CP3 pump on our 2016. The Ram 2019-2020 CP4 pumps have a very distinct 90 degree, "V-twin" looking piston/lobe assembly on the exterior which is not found on the CP3.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/03/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

. . . my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to . . .
Absolutely nothing vague about what I said, Cummins12V98. You completely missed the context.

I mentioned the Ram vs. Cummins lawsuit (circa 2015-2017) as a possible precedence for how Ram and Cummins may potentially have problems sharing future costs for the CP4 warranty claims. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wanted more specifics or details all you had to do was take the time to google it.

You mentioned previously you "didn't miss anything". Either you did or you didn't. Which is it????

Bottom line, I wasn't being vague. You simply failed (or refused) to connect the dots.


Sorry not a mind reader and you did NOT mention any specifics.

Anyway I am done wasting my time on this of it makes you happy you win.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

Senior Member

Joined: 09/26/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/04/21 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10180256-9999.pdf


2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Recall of 19/20 Ram Cummins 6.7 diesels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.