cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody LOVE their Onan Microlite 2800 ?

hertfordnc
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is an old genset but I can get one for $400 that seems to work. I need the small size for my Old GMC.

The guys on the Onan sub gave pretty awful reviews but they were pretty popular.
Dave & Ellen Silva

Hertford, North Carolina

2002 Excursion
2007 Shamrock Hybrid
1972 Revcon
1976 GMC Birchaven (hot rod with plumbing)

Finding propane leaks with a match and towing in overdrive since 1987.
3 REPLIES 3

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If it runs and produces the proper electricity it likely is a good find. Most common problem was carburetor fouling.

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
The Onan 2800 is the unit I had in my Keystone Challenger. It never failed me in all the time we used it. It handled my load without a problem, the maintenance was minimal. Loved that unit.
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
No experience with that Onan version, our experience with their 4000 and 5500 models has been very good. A bit of annual maintenance and Seafoam when adding fuel has kept our units running well. There are portable inverter gennies that that might be an option in that price range on sale at Samsclub or Costco occasionally, if Onan 2800 is indeed running well under significant load and it meets your requirements, you could get it knowing there will be costs pertaining to upkeep and possible future repair. Both types (portable & onboard) are not difficult to maintain and repair, the Onan is imbedded into the RV that makes it challenging.