cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgie boy pursuit

Michael_E_
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a well cared for 2006 Georgie boy pursuit with 24000 miles on it. I have discovered stress cracks above, below and to each side of the windshields. Passenger side seems worse than drivers. Is this unusual for the fiberglass front end? I have read about poor quality issues with this model and year and sagging tv cabinet above the driver/ passenger and poor support (units known to fall free). Please help me with this issue. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
How deep are the stress cracks? Do the cracks go into the FG cloth or are the just in the gel coat? Did they develop slowly over time or all of a sudden? It is not uncommon for cracks to develop in the gel coat around corners of widows, joggled areas and shaper radius areas. This happens when the gel coat is applied too thick and even a small amount of vibration or twisting of the frame can cause the gel coat to crack. Without seeing your issue, I am guessing this is what you have. If the crack extends in the FG and the FG is cracked or you see broken fibers that is a more serious issue, but I would think you would have felt this.

Michael_E_
Explorer
Explorer
This is the fiberglass nose piece that the windshields Mount into.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Michael, I think you’ve found enough issues with this RV to look elsewhere. And at an average hundred miles a month for 18 years, it hasn’t been driven enough. I’ll bet many months with NO driving. What are the tire manufacture dates?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems to me you have already did the research and found the issues. Stress cracks means that the welds at the frame are weak, or not correct. There are better build units out there.