Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Georgie boy pursuit
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Georgie boy pursuit

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Michael E.

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at a well cared for 2006 Georgie boy pursuit with 24000 miles on it. I have discovered stress cracks above, below and to each side of the windshields. Passenger side seems worse than drivers. Is this unusual for the fiberglass front end? I have read about poor quality issues with this model and year and sagging tv cabinet above the driver/ passenger and poor support (units known to fall free). Please help me with this issue. Thanks

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to me you have already did the research and found the issues. Stress cracks means that the welds at the frame are weak, or not correct. There are better build units out there.

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/22 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michael, I think you’ve found enough issues with this RV to look elsewhere. And at an average hundred miles a month for 18 years, it hasn’t been driven enough. I’ll bet many months with NO driving. What are the tire manufacture dates?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Michael E.

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the fiberglass nose piece that the windshields Mount into.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/22 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How deep are the stress cracks? Do the cracks go into the FG cloth or are the just in the gel coat? Did they develop slowly over time or all of a sudden? It is not uncommon for cracks to develop in the gel coat around corners of widows, joggled areas and shaper radius areas. This happens when the gel coat is applied too thick and even a small amount of vibration or twisting of the frame can cause the gel coat to crack. Without seeing your issue, I am guessing this is what you have. If the crack extends in the FG and the FG is cracked or you see broken fibers that is a more serious issue, but I would think you would have felt this.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Georgie boy pursuit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.