Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: What is J-Wrap?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is J-Wrap?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/22 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok we’re getting there. I spoke with the senior tech who inspected my coach. He told me there is NOTHING wrong with the Coach structure and there are NO safety issues. The J-wrap problem was due to the medal supporting the the J-Wrap was too thin allowing flexing when the Coach was sitting uneven. It should not have happened and is being reinforced so it never happens again. They also took all basement doors off the Coach and reinforced their frames with a stronger metal. They guarantee it for the life of the Coach in writing!

Can’t get much better than that. They will also perform a full PDI and will bring an independent inspector when their PDI is completed. I’m going on five (5) months without my coach but it sounds like once I get it it should be 100%!

It’s been a “Long and Winding Road” (hey there may be a song in there somewhere?) Everything looks like it’s coming to a positive end.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/22 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If true, then they have hundreds if not thousands of trailers out there with this problem. You WANTED a cause. They GAVE you a cause. End of story. You are happy and they gave a customer satisfaction. I don't believe it at all. I base my comments on 43 years as a Tech. But, you are happy. Doug

Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/22 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Doug, I’m not sure I understand your post? Is it you’re not happy that I’m happy. Or you’re not happy because I’m happy because many others aren’t?

I’ve gone through a bunch of stuff to get to a point of feeling good about my coach's future. Unless the folks told me bare faced lies, my coach is being fixed and are putting beefier metal on all their coaches.

I believe the builder is doing everything they can to deliver me “as close to perfect coach” they can. They’ve not given me a run-around and have answered all of my questions? If they didn’t know or weren’t sure, they told me that. And then got back to me when they said they would with an answer.

I don’t know how to ask a company to do anymore!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/22 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Mondooker...don't let Doug rain on your parade! While he is a fair source of tech info, his demeanor is a bit lacking at times. While I agree, the actual truth may never be known, the fact that the manufacturer stepped up is what matters.

We all like hearing of a happy outcome, which means you being happy with their repair and guarantee!

Jerry

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

snip...

We all like hearing of a happy outcome, which means you being happy with their repair and guarantee!

Jerry

I agree with this and think it is now time to close this thread.
Barney

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is J-Wrap?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.