cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I have a Grey Tank I don't know what it is for

DreamComeTrue
Explorer
Explorer
I have as 2010 Cougar. Near the front of the RV it has a grey tank that serves kitchen and bath sinks and shower. There is also pull lever near the back of the RV and a small sign on the side of the RV "grey tank." I have no idea what this is for. None of my manuals show this. Any idea? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

DreamComeTrue
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your feedback concerning my grey tanks. We figured it out! I thought the kitchen sink drained into the main grey tank, but it drains into that rear RV tank. Since I generally keep the grey water tank open I did not realize this.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone is messing with your head....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
DreamComeTrue wrote:
I have as 2010 Cougar. Near the front of the RV it has a grey tank that serves kitchen and bath sinks and shower. There is also pull lever near the back of the RV and a small sign on the side of the RV "grey tank." I have no idea what this is for. None of my manuals show this. Any idea? Thanks

And itโ€™s empty and doesnโ€™t run any water no matter which sink or faucet you use?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have an outside kitchen with sink?
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Might help if you give the full model info and maybe a picture or two.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume you are saying you have a drain near the front, maybe with the black tank, then an extra drain near the back?

mine, not a cougar, has 2 grey tanks, one for the shower and bath sink and one for the kitchen sink. Both levers, and the black, are in the same spot. But, I have seen trailers with drains in 2 places.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Boy howdy when you pull that lever you will drain your Grey tank that has collected fluids from both sinks and shower.