cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help with a Floor repair on a kodiak skamper by thor

stressmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I need to know the right way to remove the wood from under walls as I am replacing a 4 foot section in the back of my hybrid TT. I have the floor gone from back of wheel housing to back wall but don't want to rip the walls down if possible.

The rot was very bad so removal was the only option.
6 REPLIES 6

Explorer II
Explorer II
Use this to post your pics

http://photoposting.is-great.net
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Schlep1967 described what I would do. You can use a piece of 1/4 inch or thicker plywood to drive out the rotten sections. I would then lay in the new wall support and finish with a larger section of plywood.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would work to get everything I could out from under the walls with a screwdriver/chisel/needle nose pliers. And then slide a piece of new flooring under the wall. The new piece only needs to be as wide as the wall. Then you can lay a whole piece down inside that covers everything else. caulk the edges between the two pieces when putting together.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

No pic shows
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I did for a repair on my similar past thor 17 yrs ago, My Floor construction was very thin sheet metal,lauan,styrofoam, lauan then topped with linoleum all glued.

I ended up dremming out patches of the sheet metal, replaced with bug screen. This allowed the wood to dry out underneath and on the top side I cut out the linoleum, allowed the wood to dry out and topped with new plywood, (I went wall to wall with the new plywood, I did not go under the walls) then secured to old floor and topped with those stick on linoleum tiles. This was not a cure all but certainly a heck of a good remission repair. I ended up getting 11 years out of a poorly constructed trailer.

I did catch my leak relatively early, your situation is proberly different, so use the info with a grain of salt

good luck
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

The challenge is that everything goes on top of the floor after the floor is built. So to properly remove a section of floor, the walls need to be at least lifted up.
Rather than write a massive essay here, check out my website, link in sig. I replaced the entire floor in a TT.

With a little creativity it can be achieved.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com