cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH 210 series HYD pump motor not working

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yesterday I went to use my jacks and only heard the relay click, went through the trouble shooting step on the manual and it said it was a bad motor. I also connected the positive from the battery and negative to the case just to make sure (it is supposed to be internally grounded) but the motor would not energize. From the HWH web site they said these old motors were obsolete, called HWH they said the tech service could not get back to me for several weeks. Has anyone found a replacement pump for this series or have successfully rebuilt the motor themselves?
22 REPLIES 22

Bruce_Brown
Gjac wrote:
I just heard back from HWH from a call I placed on Aug 2nd, inquiring about my pump motor, today is Sept 23. Almost 8 weeks response time. They used to have very good and responsive customer service. Not sure what is going on today.

I realize everyone is busy these days but that's an unacceptable timeframe by any standards. Wow...
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just heard back from HWH from a call I placed on Aug 2nd, inquiring about my pump motor, today is Sept 23. Almost 8 weeks response time. They used to have very good and responsive customer service. Not sure what is going on today.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Nice going, Gary

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Update. I never heard back from HWH after emailing them. Called several RV places for parts numbers they called HWH but they wanted an AP number which I did not have. So I took the motor apart to see if anything looked bad. Brushes looked good there was continuity between the positive brushes and the positive post. The inside cap was rusted so I cleaned that up and got continuity between the negative brushes and the outside end cap. The motor is internally grounded. Also got continuity between each end cap and the bolts that hold the motor together. Hooked the battery to it and nothing. A guy who rebuilds motors called me back several days later and in two days he fixed it. He ended up putting a bolt through the negative plate inside the motor to the outside so I could externally ground the motor to the frame. $101 later my jacks work again. Still canโ€™t figure out why the internal ground path did not work. I noticed most of the replacement motors had this external ground stud so you can ground to the frame.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
1. The ONLY place you will find the correct part is HWH.
2. There is an AP number on the existing pump/reservoir. Can you read and get that number?
3. The BEST way to contac HWH is (retail customer) is by E mail. They respond to Emails quicker. Phone calls are reserved for Service Centers. I e mail them all the time and get a response within 48 hours with the Part Numbers I need. I only call when I have a Technical problem. But as a Service Center, I get thru.
4. E mail them with the AP number and tell them you need either a RAP number for the motor and if the motor is obsolete, the RAP number for the replacement Tank/Reservoir/Motor assbly. Make sure you state Year model and that it is a 200 series system. Doug

sales@hwh.com
Thanks Doug, the placard where the number should be is wiped clean so no AP number is there, but I did email them with the 210 series and year of the MH, hopefully they will be able to give me a replacement motor part number.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
Maybe the numbers were transposed?
RAP90415
Looks differant than mine. Also this says its a 4.5 in Dia mine is 3 ins. Mine looks more like this https://www.amazon.com/MOTORHOME-LEVELING-1330185-MH08053-P33939/dp/B01N3MAXZN/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1D8D9LDL9BK72&keywords=hwh+210+series+hydraulic+pump+motor&qid=1659890796&s=automotive&sprefix=hwh+210+series+hydraulic+pump+motor%2Cautomotive%2C188&sr=1-4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. The ONLY place you will find the correct part is HWH.
2. There is an AP number on the existing pump/reservoir. Can you read and get that number?
3. The BEST way to contac HWH is (retail customer) is by E mail. They respond to Emails quicker. Phone calls are reserved for Service Centers. I e mail them all the time and get a response within 48 hours with the Part Numbers I need. I only call when I have a Technical problem. But as a Service Center, I get thru.
4. E mail them with the AP number and tell them you need either a RAP number for the motor and if the motor is obsolete, the RAP number for the replacement Tank/Reservoir/Motor assbly. Make sure you state Year model and that it is a 200 series system. Doug

sales@hwh.com

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe the numbers were transposed?
RAP90415

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I called a dozen local shops to see if they can rebuild 12v motors found one maybe. He was supposed to call back but never heard from him. Tried calling HWH again to get their sales dept, in the past they were helpful and did not have to wait for the tech dept for 3 weeks or more. However, I could not talk to them directly and was put on a waiting list. So, I decided to call some RV dealers in CT, I guess HWH will respond to their authorized dealers more quickly and hope to hear back from one on Monday. Another HWH dealer gave me a part number of RAP90145 as a replacement, but I have not been able to find that motor online. Is anyone familiar with RAP90145 motor?

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
enblethen wrote:
When in HWH site the pump is a Monarch. There are motors available on Amazon. I didn't find a motor number listed on my paperwork.
found motor number. RAP90415. Replaced by AP14608

They make 3 inch and 4.5 inch motors. So you need to make sure the diameter is the same. Doug
Also from other Inernet searches the bolt spacing can be different, one guy tried 3 different Monarch motors that had 2 1/2 spacing for the attach bolts but his was 2 5/8 which is what mine is and the outside case is 3 1/8 dia.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
enblethen wrote:
When in HWH site the pump is a Monarch. There are motors available on Amazon. I didn't find a motor number listed on my paperwork.
found motor number. RAP90415. Replaced by AP14608

They make 3 inch and 4.5 inch motors. So you need to make sure the diameter is the same. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Gjac wrote:
Hi Doug, two auto places said Norcore might do it. It must be Norkor clutch and brake in New Haven that you referenced. I will call them tomorrow. The last place asked what the HP was, the rpm and which way the motor turned cw or ccw none of which I new. The only info on the motor itself is Made in Slovenia. Do you know any of these specs or know where I could find them?

No I don't. The Alternator/Starter rebuild shop in Fort Worth, Texas, never asked for those details. They just rewinded and rebuilt the various Pump motors we sent to them. I just did a Google search for your area for rebuilders and those came up. When HWH motors are obsolete, You just purchase a NEW Tank/Motor system from HWH. This has the reservoir tank and the Motor connected to the aluminum manifold. You just trans fer the existing hose connections which fit. Doug

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi Doug, two auto places said Norcore might do it. It must be Norkor clutch and brake in New Haven that you referenced. I will call them tomorrow. The last place asked what the HP was, the rpm and which way the motor turned cw or ccw none of which I new. The only info on the motor itself is Made in Slovenia. Do you know any of these specs or know where I could find them?