Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got a new camper

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
traded in my 2008 lance 1055 and picked up a very clean 2019 Lance 1062

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
31 REPLIES 31

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
4th day out in the 1062., we are loving it. The only thing I really have to do is put a max air or fantastic fan over the range. The tiny oem bathroom vent fan just can not do the job when cooking.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I feel so inferior. I only have one and it's not even working now. 🙂
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I took the opportunity of getting the new Lance to upgrade my rearview camera system from analog to digital and from 2 cameras to 3, both systems are wireless.
the first 2 cameras stay the same one above the back door of the camper, the second inside the horse trailer to watch the horses as we travel. The new 3rd camera will be on the back of the horse trailer so no blind spots for lane changes and great for backing into tight spots. All cameras have milspec night vision.
TadiBrothers

Rscconrad
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to flush with hydrogen peroxide. Kills algae spores at a low concentration

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
loading it up for a 5 day trip up to the Mendocino Coast of California, We head out Wednesday morning.

run100
Explorer
Explorer
buzzcut1: Congratulations on the new to you Lance 1062! That unit has an excellent floorplan.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
my understanding is that this camper had been sitting unused in storage since early 2000 and who knows when and where the last water fill came from.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Buzzcut1 wrote:
the fridge issue was a bad thermister. Holding at 35 with the new one in place. Lost water pressure. Another easy fix. Camper had been sitting for a while and they did not drain the fresh tank, Algae totally pugged the pre water pump strainer. cleaned that out Clorox bombed the water system, multiple times with a bunch of fill, add clorox, drive to shake the water everywhere let sit for a day drain, repeat, then do multiple fills and drain plus flush the hose lines to clear the clorox and gunk out of the system.

Never seen algae in the freshwater system before. I do fill my fresh system with Seattle city water after each trip knowing it might be a while before we head out again. There is zero light getting to the tank and water system. I guess the chlorinated city water stores well and prevents growth

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for posting the solution.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
the fridge issue was a bad thermister. Holding at 35 with the new one in place. Lost water pressure. Another easy fix. Camper had been sitting for a while and they did not drain the fresh tank, Algae totally pugged the pre water pump strainer. cleaned that out Clorox bombed the water system, multiple times with a bunch of fill, add clorox, drive to shake the water everywhere let sit for a day drain, repeat, then do multiple fills and drain plus flush the hose lines to clear the clorox and gunk out of the system.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Buzzcut1 wrote:
only frustrating thing so far is the fridge. Of course I have nothing in it. The ambient daytime temps are going up to 115 so the Norcold N7LX.3 goes up to 60 in the day ( camper windows are open and the AC is off}. The fridge returns to 34F in the morning. I probably can't expect much better from a gas absorption fridge though. I will have it out this weekend and the temps with only be in the mid 80s so I will see haw it does then. The Thermister wires were seriously kinked so it could be an issue. I have a replacement coming. Other than that everything works really well. First project besides loading gear is to fix the known wire issue in the kitchen slide. Unprotected wires running over 2 90 degree wooden edges which can bare the wiring and cause a short. Easy fix.

Is the side with the fridge exposed to the sun? My fridge would heat up when that side was exposed to the sun. Lowering the awning to shade the side helped greatly. When I installed the new cooling g unit, I also installed an inch of RMAX foam board on the exterior wall, inside the fridge compartment. I actually installed the foam board throughout the fridge compartment and it greatly improved cooling g performance.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
only frustrating thing so far is the fridge. Of course I have nothing in it. The ambient daytime temps are going up to 115 so the Norcold N7LX.3 goes up to 60 in the day ( camper windows are open and the AC is off}. The fridge returns to 34F in the morning. I probably can't expect much better from a gas absorption fridge though. I will have it out this weekend and the temps with only be in the mid 80s so I will see haw it does then. The Thermister wires were seriously kinked so it could be an issue. I have a replacement coming. Other than that everything works really well. First project besides loading gear is to fix the known wire issue in the kitchen slide. Unprotected wires running over 2 90 degree wooden edges which can bare the wiring and cause a short. Easy fix.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Palatial
Cal

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
Nice upgrade. Can you hear an echo in there with all that space? Any suspension adjustments anticipated?

nope it weighs the same as my 1055. On the way home we took the Rogue river from near Crater Lake NP to Medford which was the same way we went coming up. I noticed no difference in handling between carrying both campers

Great to hear it handles well, makes the transition simple. Enjoy the times ahead.