cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Possible delamination

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
A friend purchased a 24' travel trailer 11 months ago. Shortly after the purchase he noticed some air pockets(soft spots) on the rear cap. He took it to a rv repair facility and they pulled off the rear cap, didn't see any damage and reglued the cap back on to the tune of $2000.

Now he is seeing some soft spots at the bottom of the rear cap again and took it back to the original repair facility. The repair shop now says that the air pockets are normal as it is a "floating" wall/cap.

I've never experienced any soft spots or floating wall on any of my rv's. My question is...is this a true statement from the rv shop?
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata
5 REPLIES 5

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jjj, I'll let my friend know about your experience also in case he has an issue that isn't normal for that design.
hotjag1

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I had a delam spot on my fiver about 2 years after
I bought it. It was a 12 inch oval on pass side wall
just after the overhang. They cut it out and patched
it. Looked good until 3 years ago and it cracked where
the patch was done.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the replies. I've never had a bubble effect or waves on my numerous rv's over the years, but I will let my friend know that this is fairly normal on some brands of rv's.
hotjag1

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^Agree, many front and rear sections are not laminated, and just use fiber insulation. In some cases, you may see waved areas on the rear section, when looking at the right angle.

Jerry

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure this answers the question, but front and rear "caps" are often not laminated walls on many RVs, so it all depends on what he has. Bubbles sometimes appear on laminated sections, and the solution is regluing or replacement.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD