cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trying to winterize without pump

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
So I was able to get most of the pink stuff into the lines by adding antifreeze to fresh water tank and pumping through- I didn't quite finish and need to add more to winterize outside shower. Now the water pump turns on but is not pulling anything up from talk. I disconnected the inlet side and tried to get it to pump that way right to the bottle. It is not pulling anything through. it hums but nothing. Is there any other way to pull the pink stuff thru the system without a pump? is there something simple i can troubleshoot with pump? I don't know of any way to get it thru the city water inlet. Since i already have a good amount of pink stuff already in- i don't really want to blow everything out with air- Any suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boon Docker wrote:
MFL wrote:
If opening a faucet doesn't work, and most everything has already had AF pumped through it, including the toilet, I'd just blow air through the city hookup, opening the outside shower first.

This will force AF, that is in the lines, through and out the outside shower. After that, blow all lines, faucets, and low point drains. You don't need to have AF sitting in the lines all Winter. Open the low points, blow AF out there too.

Jerry

X2

Me three. I don't let the pink sit in the lines all winter either, but it was the last thing in the lines if there is a fitting that sits low enough to gather water.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
If opening a faucet doesn't work, and most everything has already had AF pumped through it, including the toilet, I'd just blow air through the city hookup, opening the outside shower first.

This will force AF, that is in the lines, through and out the outside shower. After that, blow all lines, faucets, and low point drains. You don't need to have AF sitting in the lines all Winter. Open the low points, blow AF out there too.

Jerry

X2

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, open a faucet. If that doesn't work try lifting your antifreeze bottle higher than the pump.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
open a outlet see if it flows.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
huskyfan68 wrote:
yes- right from inlet to jug - pump sounds like its on but not pumping anything. all connections are tight

Oops. You are too fast for me. I edited my post above about a manual hand pump.

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
yes- right from inlet to jug - pump sounds like its on but not pumping anything. all connections are tight

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Do I understand right that you ran a hose from the antifreeze jug to the pump inlet connection? Assuming the pump is good that should work if you have a good tight hose connection at the pump. Slightest air leak will stop the pump from pulling liquid in.

Or buy an RV winterizing hand pump. Google it.

Scott_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Put a blow out fitting in the City water side and blow some air in and it will move the pink around ?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Buy another pump? In fact, buy two. Always good to have a spare for stuff like this, and when you're out in the boonies and one gives out.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman