cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-mobile Voice mail

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We've had T-Mobile for several years. Suddenly, today, I call for messages and it asks for MY phone number, then my password. Tried it several times and it repeats.

I've always just hit VoiceMail on my phone and it dials in and gives me messages.

Is this something new? Never happened until today. BUT, it seems every electronic service is adding some extra kind of security. I've put short-cuts on for a reason, so I don't have to remember or dial every time I use the phone. Now, it's almost like opening a bank account or applying for a mortgage just to call someone.

How do I go back to just dialing VM.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
9 REPLIES 9

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
LOL.. I feel ya. Verizon's VM is SO annoying I rarely use it. This female computerized voice announces every da** detail about the upcoming message. It takes about 20 seconds for EVERY message.

You should be able to go in to voicemail preferences / settings and select "abbreviated prompts" so she doesn't announce every detail about every message. Verizon might call it something other than abbreviated prompts nowadays.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
People still have to call in to get voicemail? My current phone has voicemail automatically loaded into the phone as playable sound files including a text translation. Even my previous (other OS) one had an app that let you get voicemail directly. No dialing or password needed.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Went to T-Mobile today. Somehow my phone got disconnected from the number that calls my voice message system. He said it was a network issue, not my phone. The network showed my message number had been disconnected. He fixed it, and now it works on shorty-cut and press '1' ...

Rotarty dial was sooooooooooo much simpler 😞 NOT. But the more technical stuff gets, the more difficult it becomes to keep current.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
All you have to do is dial your own number from your own phone and you get to voice-mail. Enter your password and you are in. By pushing and holding the 1 key you will get to voice-mail with saved passwords.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
OP here, follow up... I dialed directly the number for Voice Mail - same one I've always dialed and had on short-cut. Number out of service! WHAT??

Heading into T-Mobile store tomorrow and bark a little.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
there is also an option in the setup routine to not announce and of the details and you get only the message.
Wow.. thanks! I'll check it out.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Somehow you lost the auto log in feature. Go through the setup routine again and use the setting that says "Don't require my login when calling from this phone"
To the other poster saying the announcements are to long and detailed, there is also an option in the setup routine to not announce and of the details and you get only the message.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well the problem is when foks call and leave a voice message, I can't get to it as before. I had it on short-cut and it went direct and played the recorded message. Now, I have to type in about 20 numbers-letters each time. Then sometimes I get "no messages". Will go to T-mobile store tomorrow. 😞
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
LOL.. I feel ya. Verizon's VM is SO annoying I rarely use it. This female computerized voice announces every da** detail about the upcoming message. It takes about 20 seconds for EVERY message.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman