cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
258 REPLIES 258

Happywanderer21
Explorer
Explorer

Well hello to campers of all kinds.

I'm MissAnne and I have done primitive camping most of my life, some with tents and some without. I am purchasing a Scamp trailer for some extended backcountry camping for a home base. My conundrum is my battery knowledge. 

It seems a 29 series is my better choice (unless there is a larger one ). I just dont know how to calculate what I can run and how long. I start reading and I feel like I'm trying to reinvent the wheel. Is the a simple calculation or chart or something to gather this info from or is it just learned knowledge????

Any and all knowledgeable info I will be grateful for.

Thanks and Happy Camping!

Oldgary
Explorer
Explorer

How many like the new picture magazine from Good Sam?

Lol...  ugh 

If it's a replacement, I want my money back.  Wife too said, it's  a "one and done"

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

tweed420
Explorer
Explorer

Hi! I'm Shelly, my time ever being an Motorhome owner. I have an Damon intruder 2000 

Seaqueen2u
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, we are looking at retiring and buying a 5th wheeler for full time living and traveling. Have been shopping for about a year and seem to get so much conflicting information about full timers Rv warranty issues. What do you in this community think is the best brand of 5th wheels with the best warranty for full timers.? Which brand can best handle full time usage? Any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @Seaqueen2u

If you post this in our Fifth-Wheel Group you might see more feedback from other owners! 

Let me know if you need help with any questions! 

Seaqueen2u RV's are, generally speaking, slapped together by piece work employees. warranty's are done at the dealership most often--and they prefer to sell rather than repair. My best advice is to buy a unit that is 5 years old--so that ll the deficiencies have been addressed.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Altoyber
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, New to the community. Going through the US Western parks this year. Can't wait...

dwhiteyn
Explorer
Explorer

Hello new to the community, i am still work a full time job so i don't get to take my fifth wheel out as much i would like too but i do like glamping lol

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

When you login look immediately at the top right of the page. scroll to the top of any of the pages and you will see the Help menu and a little bell icon. If you see a red number next to that bell it means you have something to look at ( 1 means one item, 2 means two items etc). Just hover over the number or click on the bell and you will see what it's all about. For instance. I'm going to click a like on your question. You should see the bell and number when you are logged in.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Thank you for the very quick reply, on New Year’s Eve no less.  I think I’ve got the hang of it now.  
Sherwood

SGW & DSM In Virginia
2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB

Hey @Cherguin

Welcomes to the community! "Visitor" is just your ranking within our community. The more you post, reply, and like content the higher your ranking will go! For example, @opnspaces is a Traveler III. Let us know if you have more questions! We are happy to help! 

Thank you @opnspaces!

Cherguin
Explorer III
Explorer III

This is my first time here.  I am a good Sam member but this has me logged in as a visitor.  How to I know when someone replies to my post? 

SGW & DSM In Virginia
2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB

Nanagogo
Explorer
Explorer

We are in our second year with our entegra vision and very excited to find this website!  We love traveling and have been to all 7 continents but Covid stopped us until we discovered the RV world.  We look forward to being part of this Good Sam community!

Ron & Donna
2022 Entegra Vision

sarah-barah_SIL
Explorer
Explorer

Hello! I'm a receptionist at a Good Sam partner store, and I'm pursuing a dual major in mathematics and graphic design. 

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to the middle east with some family in a Jayco Precept. I've got a lot of family overseas! 

If you like organization and design, alongside innovating new ideas, let's partner up and make Good Sam and its partners a heartfelt experience for it's consumers. 

Happy New Year to all!