cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Algonquin - Filling Water Tanks

wayneokeefe
Explorer
Explorer
It has been sometime since I have been in Algonquin and I am returning in July.

Can anyone refresh my memory of where the fresh water filling station is? Perhaps you have GPS coordinates even?

With Thanks,
Wayne

Brynjolf
Explorer
Explorer
As most everyone has mentioned, fresh water is available at the dumpstations. For Pog lake, you'll want to go to the "Trailer Sanitary Station" at km 35.6 (just over 1 km west of Pog Lake, on highway 60, on the north side of the road).

You can also fill-up at one of the taps in Pog Lake. They are a mix of old-style keep-pushing-down-to-keep-on taps with threadless spiggots and regular taps with threaded spiggots. I've never had too much trouble using either with a water thief, but its inevitable that I also end up with a shoe full of water. You'll likely be blocking a campground road while filling, so be polite, be quick and plan on filling at a time when there's little traffic.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked with a friend who goes to Pog Lake every summer with an RV. He said you have to use the water fill up on Hwy 60.
The taps in Pog c.g. are difficult to hook up to even with a cheater.
For the price our P.P. charge, you would think they could provide better facilities.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

wayneokeefe
Explorer
Explorer
I am headed to Pog Lake. Thanks everyone

Goo
Explorer
Explorer
The water filling / dumping station is a few kms east of Lake of Two Rivers, on the north side of hwy 60. I believe there is another near Rock Lake, but I've never been to it.
I typically travel with a 1/2 tank and top it up at the site with a 5 gal jug and a funnel, but it's a bit of work.

Good luck.
Pete
08 Trail Cruiser TC26QBH
2012 F150 FX4 Screw MaxTow
03 4Runner Limited V8 (SOLD *sniff*)
Wife
2 Kids
Dog

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Which campground are you going to?
One of the few times we traveled without water we got caught at Mew Lake and had to drive down Hwy.60 several kilometers to the water fill up. I think most of the c.g.'s now have a spigot somewhere that you can use. For a few years they put the threadless taps on so you could not hook up a hose. That was when we bought a cheater to go on the tap. Worked good and we saw several campers using them, often linking several hoses together to reach the closest tap.

Maybe give Algonquin a call and ask what the situation is. Also I am quite certain there is a fill up located at Rock Lake.

Like you we have not camped in Algonquin for a few years. Have fun.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)