cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allentown Pa service plaza I476

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed overnight here? Looking at the gas pumps on Goggle maps , they don't look too RV friendly for MH pulling a toad ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Norm
6 REPLIES 6

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
tiffy2000 wrote:
Has anyone stayed overnight here? Looking at the gas pumps on Goggle maps , they don't look too RV friendly for MH pulling a toad ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Norm

The official PA turnpike policy is NO on the overnight stay. That being said it's not really enforced. You would need to happen across one of the PA troopers assigned to the pike riding through with a hair up his ass, or a new guy out to make a name for himself, before you would get a knock on the door. Or a very observant and anal plaza manager. Almost all of the troopers are good guys, I doubt you'll have an issue. Now their is a rest stop up on I 81 north of Harrisburg that is ruled by some wicked old woman windbag Nazi. Do not park your rig along the road while going in to take a leak, as she'll come a runnin with her long cig hanging from her mouth to rip you a new one. I think her name is frau Hitler lol.

Thanks for the info , I will stay away from THAT rest stop for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
tiffy2000 wrote:

Thanks
Norm

The official PA turnpike policy is NO on the overnight stay. That being said it's not really enforced. You would need to happen across one of the PA troopers assigned to the pike riding through with a hair up his ass, or a new guy out to make a name for himself, before you would get a knock on the door. Or a very observant and anal plaza manager. Almost all of the troopers are good guys, I doubt you'll have an issue. Now their is a rest stop up on I 81 north of Harrisburg that is ruled by some wicked old woman windbag Nazi. Do not park your rig along the road while going in to take a leak, as she'll come a runnin with her long cig hanging from her mouth to rip you a new one. I think her name is frau Hitler lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
swphotobug wrote:
I did a quick look. Looks OK to me, try to get an end pump then you are home free.

Not sure about overnight.

I haven't had a chance to tow my toad yet so a little nervous about thee type of situations, in this situation would you head in close to the building with the toad still hooked and then take the last set of pumps (my fill is on drivers side)

sorry if this is obvious

Thanks

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
The gas pumps at the service plaza's are not RV friendly.Typical of how government designs things. But there are areas you can park and stay the night or sleep during the day.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar w/ PA T-pike rest areas, but here in NY, I do believe you can get gas, turn around (go against outgoing traffic from parking area) and then pull into the car parking area, off to the back/side/out of the way to park for the night. OR park in said area, then get gas on way out.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
I did a quick look. Looks OK to me, try to get an end pump then you are home free.

Not sure about overnight.