cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona 64 from Grand Canyon Village to US 89

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
If this is a second post I apologize, can't find my original.

I am thinking of taking this lesser road to avoid back tracking. We want to get to Four Corners area from GC Village and the gps route is a retrace to I 40 then up US 89.

Does anyone have experience on this route with a rig. We are fine with narrow twisty roads so long as they are passable to 36 foot DP with Jeep in tow.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526
7 REPLIES 7

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
Cameron Trading Post is actually about a mile north of 64/89 intersection, right on your way. They have some long parking spaces there for tour buses and RVs.

Yikes! You're correct. I was going by memory and it's definitely not as good as it used to be. 🙂 Thanks for the clarification.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
Much easier drive going down from Grand Canyon park to 89 than the other way.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good road... We was surprised to find a couple more pull-outs along the way before getting to AZ89... More shopping haha

We was wanting to get into the WUPATKI NATL MONUMENET on the way back to Flagstaff Area where was camping at... Great seeing the violet-purple hue from the top of one of the Indian ruins monuments looking East to the Painted Desert just before dark...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the feedback. It looked fine on the map and on Google Satellite but I've had some interesting drives when I didn't ask 🙂
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
As others indicated, it's a piece of cake. Cameron Trading Post is actually about a mile north of 64/89 intersection, right on your way. They have some long parking spaces there for tour buses and RVs.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy 64 east to 89 at Cameron is an excellent highway for RVs of all sizes.

The Trading Post at Cameron (turn right a short distance) off 64 has awesome Navajo Tacos...and a full menu. The gift shop is the very best in the area..nice quality things, not your typical trinket shop.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We had no trouble with that route in our 40 footer pulling a Jeep.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams