cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baja Sunrise

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Any body ever stay at Baja Sunrise rv park Baja Sur Mexico.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim
15 REPLIES 15

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Been to Brisas, the camping spot on the beach near San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sud, not far from what was, in 1999, the Presidente Hotel. We had wandered in off the beach a memorable day as we saw our first, small turtle heading for the water! We had lunch at that camping site. Friends we made some five years later had been at that spot for several years, likely at that time we were there, in fact. We had flown in to San Jose did some all inclusive, and then RV camped with my brother and his wife in their Motor home.

Never have been to La Brisas, the one which you say is north of Puerto Vallarta. You are right about the winter's water temperature in the waters around both states off Baja California. Too cold. On the Mainland side, we never stayed long in Mazatlan either, not warm enough there. It was only a short layover on the way to better things.

Talleyho69
I think people are confusing the former Brisa del Mar in San Jose del Cabo with a place called Las Brisas north of Puerto Vallarta.

Unless you decide to ferry across, you'll definitely be in Baja Sur!

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Yep Baja Sunrise, southern tip of Baja pennisula.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
I recall La Brisas, as walk in visitors in 1999, I think just for hamburgers (we flew to Baja in those days) We later met former winter visitors for several years there, at "our beach" south of PV. That year, 2004, was their first trip to the Pacific Mainland coast - by Walter and Hazel. But it sounds like you will have had missed them, though. We met another couple who had winters at Brisas, at Villa Corona, from Idaho, but they had left even later than the Albertans, I think. Sounds like it was a popular place, back in the day.

Talleyho69
I think the poster is talking about a site on Baja Sur, but when it comes to the Lo de Marcos area, we are SO with you! We spent days once trying to find the correct site to hook up with friends.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
We once paid 50 $ for a night at Lo de Marcos, to visit with some friends who always stayed there in those days. (Once visited these same folks while they were in Bucerius, with the directions given, as we drove our motor home, to "turn right at the fourth light." We did, and found ourselves crossing the river! Lucky it was nearly dry that fall, and didn't pose nearly the problem as the cobble stone roadways farther into town. We finally gave up driving on the boulders, and walked over to see them.

RolandKM
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there two years ago. I agree with everything you describe. The only downside we found was the fast, noisy quad traffic up and down the beach (typical of the whole town) and the wind (also typical of that region). I could never leave the awning out if we left and often had to bring it in when we were there.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
This is actually my first stay at any type of RV park. Nice oceanfront site 30 amp, water and sewer hookups, laundry facility and bathrooms & showers extremely clean. Excellent local restaurants, and very friendly people in town. Management knowledgeable and friendly. I usually just roam around on my travels and like I said this is the first time in almost 3 years of traveling that I have stayed in any type of RV park.
Jim

Talleyho69
Please post about the park after or during your stay, please.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
spoke with Jorge the manager $32.00 a night will stay for a week maybe longer.
Thanks for the help guys.
Jim

Talleyho69
I agree with you, but before I said anything, I remembered that there were a few occasions that we paid the $50 a night to stay in the front row at Mar Rosa in Mazatlan.

It's tough to admit that but there were times when we were in need.

Yes, the "dry camp" area looks good. And what's the distance, 50 yards? In some places, like San Blas, where if you are right above the cliff, you can't sleep because of the surf noise. Something that I did not believe could be true, but it was.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like a great place but it seems a bit pricey. Their monthly rate for beachfront comes out to $30.

I wonder if the tent, car and casita camping is also meant for dry camping? That seems reasonable.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Back in the 80's we spent serious amounts of time at Brisa del Mar, which looked exactly like Baja Sunrise, but was farther south, just south of the airport in what used to be called San Jose del Cabo. The surf fishing was great, the surf break nasty, and the water cold. We spent many many months there and loved it.

Someone is bound to jump in with recent reports on their stay there.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Think I'm going to give it try, don't plan on swimming maybe do some fishing and just kick back and relax.
Jim