cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bangor to Crown Point, NY

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leaving Bar Harbor, taking Rt 2, from Bangor,which we've done before, after Montpelier, Google wants to send me down 100B and 17, but to be honest, 17 looks like driving on a snakes back, is there a better route without going all the way to Burlington?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
3 REPLIES 3

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I live right by 17. I wouldn't take my truck camper over that route. It's steep, winding, with multiple switchbacks that cause you to go into the opposing lane just to make turns. Every year multiple motorcycles go off that road because they misjudge just how tight some of the turns are and go too fast.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
In addition to being twisty 117 is almost straight up on one side and straight down on the other. A great ride ina sports car, but not very RV friendly. Iโ€™ve been both ways many times and agree on 89 to 7. It may be a little slow at first, but after a few miles it opens up and is a fine road with lots of attractions and some great places to eat in the towns along the way. Might even be worth an overnight stay part way along.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
89 to 7 isn't going to take you any longer time wise, and probably not fuel wise either. 7 is a very pretty drive through some of the best looking farmland in the country IMHO.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH