Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route from Dutchess County NY to Virginia Beach

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone

Is anybody familiar with this route and the best way to go with a fifth wheel?

Thanks!
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH
4 REPLIES 4

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
AJS211 wrote:
Hi Everyone

Is anybody familiar with this route and the best way to go with a fifth wheel?

Thanks!

I like to go I-81 to I-64 Straight to VA Beach
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
I take the NJ turnpike then go on route 1 south to 113 to 13 then down to the bridge tunnel. Route 1 will cut out a lot of stopping for lights taking route 13 all the way down. 113 is a pretty drive too. Take this route at least once or twice a year going to Cherrystone in Cape Charles.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Are you going to try to go straight through? Or break the trip in two?
As was mentioned above 95 south or NJ Tp to the bridge in Wilmington and then switching over to Rt 13 South with a stop at Chincoteague makes a nice trip, and then continue through to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, which will bring you out only a couple of miles from False Cape State park and the North end of Va Beach.
Lanes on the CBBT are full width, 13'6" clearance and the only special requirement is turning off your propane before entering, and the 26 mile over/under water drive makes for an interesting trip.

If the bridge tunnel isn't your cup of tea, take I-95 south to Richmond Va, and then I 64 east.

David_and_Chris
Explorer
Explorer
We usually take 87 to 287 to 95 to 13 Chincoteague VA. On 95 you probably can keep going or get off at 13 and go through the baybridge tunnel.

David
David