cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boarder Crossing

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Will be crossing from Michigan USA to Ontario Canada.
Which is a easier to cross , Detroit or Port Huron?
Thanks
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
23 REPLIES 23

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting reading the borders are “closed” with so many Canadian snow birds here in central Fl.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the info, now I have to wait for the world to come back to be normal...
Website

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I've never found much difference in the actual border crossings. To us it depends on starting location and destination. We have friends in Battle Creek MI, the Bluewater bridge is usually the first choice, but we could also use Ambassador Bridge and then west I94. If south on I75 then it's definitely the Ambassador Bridge (Detroit/Windsor). Our last choice is the Detroit/Windsor tunnel, all city traffic, both sides.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
As DW has Family in Canada, we used to be crossing frequently. Going into Canada has never ever been an issue. We have passports ready and answer questions and are gone. This true for us both at Sarnia and Windsor. But returning to the US? Even with special credentials, it has often been a hassle. Much more so at Detroit than at Port Huron, but it is still enough different that we will go to Port Huron if it is not a great inconvenience to do so.
I know you did not ask, but Buffalo and Ft. Erie have never been an issue.
Of course we have now not done any of this for a year......
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
We've always used port Huron.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it depends on where you are going. We've crossed at both, I prefer Detroit as I'm coming from south of Detroit and the route home to the Toronto area is a bit shorter than from Port Huron. Both crossings are easy and other than the short run through Windsor I get onto the 401 fairly quickly and I don't have to go through Detroit to get to Port Huron

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer Port Huron. Less traffic.
A number of restaurants just before the Bluewater Bridge.

Check online before going, US Customs and Canadian Border (use government sites for reliable info) In WNY there is also the Niagara Bridge Commission. They may have the same or similar for that crossing.

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Mfan wrote:
When are you going? The border is closed.

Just getting ready when it opens....
cant wait...
in any case which one to go through?
Website

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
When are you going? The border is closed.