cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border Zone Tax Reduced By 8% 2019

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Supposedly for a strip 20 Km wide. But Ensenada is included. The previous administration raised the sales tax from 8% to 16%. The new president restored it to 8%.

It means 8% less expensive gasoline and 8% less expensive ULSD. Gasoline contains no alcohol. And Arco, BP, Shell and other extraneous fuel gas stations have accurate pumps.

Savings amount to about sixteen cents per gallon. Totally dependent on how much you like gasohol.

Holds True for COSTCO and Koblenz and their Tripp Lite voltage regulators, and booze and beer.

Starting in two weeks.

Me? A cheapskate?
32 REPLIES 32

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
The new Mexican administration is moving to fast. Watch the daily press conferences with the president. He isn't prepared and invents along the way. His staff or secretarios, back up anything he says. Sounds very familiar.

North America, all three countries, are being manipulated by a much bigger and greater country. China has moved into position. I'm not saying it's bad North America falling right into their hands.

The Americas are an easy target. The American continent has a 50% poverty rate, very low education level, and corruption. All the ingredients for any major player, such as China, to move right in. One major American country has already become indebted to China and more are following suit. It was an easy game plan.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Only people in the border zone will be able to verify SIN EMBARGO (regardless) that the 8% TASA (sales tax) is in effect. Buy something then stare at the receipt's VAT. Value added tax or IVA

Only the most gullible won't understand the reason behind Hacienda's reluctance to shout out the new ley de Impuestos to the nation. It's going to cause bastante envidio (enough envy) and resentment as it is.

I can only encourage the reading of Octavio Paz and the structure of the mentality of the Mexicano. I was fortunate starting early having a family and friends helping me to understand Mexico better.

Suerte

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
PEMEX GASOLINERA HOUSTON TEXAS USA

PEMEX
(41)
9112 N Broadway
Houston, TX
Regular
CASH
$1.83
paulcab877
2 days ago
- - -

Midgrade
- - -

- - -

Premium
- - -

- - -

Diesel
CASH
$2.28
lratliff76
1 day ago
- - -

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
EAGLE PASS TEXAS THIS HOUR

Gas Station Regular Premium
Circle K 1989 S Veterans Blvd, Eagle Pass, TX 78852 Get Directions $1.619 $1.579 Lowest Price
Stripes 2093 Veterans Blvd, Eagle Pass, TX 78852 Get Directions $1.509 $1.879
Valero 3518 N Hwy 277, Eagle Pass, TX 78852 Get Directions $1.599 $2.099
18 more rows

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The new adjusted cost of gasoline is near equal to California at Chula Vista and San Ysidro and MUCH more expensive than gasoline in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

It includes diesel and frontera diesel is ULSD

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
19.15 per liter / 16% = 3.064 /////// 16.09 pesos per liter

16.09 x 4 x 94.64% = 64.36 divided by 20 = $3.22 dlls per adjusted gallon.

You did know of course that one quart is 94.64% of one liter?

And that the tipo de cambio the ATM exchange rate is near to 20 pesos per dollar?

This is of course if unless something happens to Mexico City and the tipo de cambio, the presidente, the SAT secretaria et al and the gasolineras at the frontera.

Which is always possible. Not even Ernesto and Xavier was fully aware of the new regulations.

Talleyho69
Is there ANYTHING official you can quote or provide a link to?

Face it, we are all hoping it's true, but without anything more than "word of mouth, I saw a notice" we tend to be wary.

You would be too, if it wasn't you who heard and saw things.

It is Mexico, and we all love it here.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Six cajeras held up their arms in a victory salute when I asked them about the tax reduction. The high taxes were threatening their jobs. One of the six was the store manager. Alejandra J.

Why does anything happen or not happen in Mexico...ya think maybe pissing the readership off may or may not have anything to do with it...

I stopped for gasoline with Celso at 4PM. The attendant said he was waiting to fill his monster 4x4 on the first of January.

I can see it now. To stimulate the state economy the IRS slashes income tax in Mississippi in half.

The airport to Mexico. A six billion dollar expense to greet people to the same old Mexico. Improve the general infrastucture. It costs 336% more per kilometer to travel the Pacific coast highway from border to border than it does from San Diego to Little Rock.

Governor GODOY of Michoacan owns an estancia in Ururapan worth more than your entire block and everything on it.

Focus the misappropriated money on infrastructure transportation cost reduction and watch this country blossom.

Letยดs wait and see what happens, OK

Cant hurt a darned thing. 12 days ยด

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Mex: Nothing has happened yet and probably won't happen until the New Year. In a few days all the deputados will go home for Xmas. Do you have a link? A newspaper article? Nothing in El Imparcial. Why would any retailer put that up before it happens. Customers needing big ticket items would hold off until Jan. 1. There is nothing in any of the newspapers confirming the change. Nothing in Baja Nomads. Google turns up nothing???

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I still see no official information from SAT on their webpage.

I also checked the Diario Oficial de la Federacion
www.dof.gob.mx, I still don't find anything official.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Nuevo Laredo today December 19, 2018

Magna 15.44
Premium 17.89
Diesel 20.36

Reynosa today December 19, 2018

Magna 14.78
Premium 17.25
Diesel 20.61
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Xeroxed notes from SAT posted in Wal-Mart and Home Depot today @3:10PM

TRANSLATED
Effective 12:01 AM 1 enero VAT IVA shall be 8.00%. Receibos Tramites y facturacciones shall reflect this change. Servicio Administracion Tributaria. SHCP.

Income tax for Mexicans is similarly slashed.

IF there are no simultaneous fuel price increases, Magna will average 18.10 liter in the zona frontera from Tijuana to Matamoros.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
...they will fall by the wayside as they too need approval...

The issue is Aduana cannot capitalize on ciudadanos shopping in the USA border zone and that is sucking hundreds of millions of dollars out of the economy. Motorists purchase a tankful of gasoline at Costco that is eighty a gallon cents less expensive than at home.

Tourists who have never crossed at Garita 2 or Otay Mesa cannot imagine the traffic flow, and the number of full size pickup trucks overloaded with purchases destined for the SAT parking lot.

Garita 2 is not Pharr Texas or El Pazo. The traffic count must be 100x higher. And even the tiny cars are jam packed with clothes, food, electronics.

SAT Secondaria? It's clogged with people declaring 60" flat screen TV's and a pickup load of materials from Home Depot or Costco. I would hazard a guess that I saw a thousand people in Costco Chula Vista. It was jam packed to the point where a person had to wait for a free shopping cart. I was # 6 waiting for a disabled electric cart. It was shoulder to shoulder inside, everyone chattering in Spanish. Shopping cards were mountainous, some families commandeered three to four carts. They were all Bajacalifornianos.

Count the cars in the parking lot. A shocking number are B.C. Baja California plated. "Shocking" means >60%. Same for the line st the gasoline pumps.

The loss of an opulent airport in DF will not lose Aduana hundreds of millions of dollars a year in tax revenue from Tijuana and Mexicali retailers. These shopkeepers are screaming their head off.

The frontera will get their tax reduction. Exactly like they got their extended no-tourist-card needed FMM exemption.

Senadores are getting visits from folks to encourage them to not vote the tax reduction down. Money is the strongest of Lobbyists.