suggestions on best Canadian cell plan
for 6 months use and keep phone# when not using
phone in canada.
what are you doing?
2 REPLIES 2

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
My cell phone in Canada is 7-11 Speakout. They have many different plans depending on your use. I get 100 anytime talk minutes, including Canada long distance, unlimited US and Canada text, and 500mb of data for $35/month. If you don't want data, you can get the same talk and text value package for $20/month.

You can go pay-as-you-go and your top up is good for 1 year, so it'll keep your #. I'd contact them to confirm just in case, since I don't need that option. I'm not retired yet to spend months at a time out of this blasted winter.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

Cool_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
For the USA, I use Tracfone. Keeping the service current, keeps your phone number. 1 yr. Tracfone service plan for $99.00. works for me. I just renew it every yr. I've had the same number for a few years. As soon as I get to the border I get service. Handy for those short trips.

I don't use a cell phone in Canada. Can't help you there. If you want the same number in Canada and the US, I think you are going to have to go with a Major Carrier. I know Roger's wants $5.00 a day for unlimited roaming out of country. Verizon might be a better deal.
'05 Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek
2011 F250 PSD CC

You can lead a horse to water.
You cannot make it drink.