cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carlsbad to Albuquerque

dbob62180
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling next week from Carlsbad, NM up to Rio Rancho, NM (near Albuquerque). Looking for best route info for a 34โ€™ high profile 5er. If you have been along this route recently, we appreciate your help!
3 REPLIES 3

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
The 285 is a 4 lane interstate highway, with stoplights in the towns. You can take the relief route around Roswell to avoid all of those stoplights. No fuel between Roswell and Vaughn, actually no anything!!.
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I towed our 35' hi profile 5er the opposite direction a couple yrs ago. From Albuquerque south on I-25 to US 380 east to Roswell (we did detour thru Ruidosa), US 285 south to Carlsbad. No problem at all for that size RV.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, the most direct route would be 285 north to I40 west to I25 north. If you have time to make a couple of stops along the way at some scenic sites you could take 285 north to Roswell, then take 380 from there to see some Billy the Kid country and continue on to I25 north. You could also jump off 380 and take 70 into Ruidoso for some high elevation fun, you could stay on 70 and head over to 54 south to Alamogordo if you would like to catch White Sands. Anyway, whichever route you choose to go have a great time in the Land of Enchantment.