cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDN/US border closed another month, at least.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
29 REPLIES 29

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
I simply expressed one side of the issue I didn’t call anyone stupid as several have done to people that disagree with them. People need to be responsible for their own health care. Where have we gotten to when big brother is going to demand vaccinations. I pray that never happens. I’m over 70 years old and a COVID survivor. Even at my age COVID is 97 percent surviveable. Why would I risk my life on a unproven vaccine that the FDA won’t even approve, when I have natural immunity that may last my lifetime. There h are many risks for those that take the vaccine on top of a immune system that’s already maxed out. Where’s the benefit? It’s a simple test to ones body has the antibodies. There is still lot to learn and in the meantime I’m not going to live my life in fear but enjoy everyday that God has given me. Thanks

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have free speech. That doesn't include harming others by what we say.

The D variant sets a new record for infection. I believe the time has come for stronger measures including mandatory vaccination.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
JaxDad wrote:
While any death is unfortunate severe allergic reactions do happen.

Anaphylaxis results in approximately 1,500 deaths per year in the U.S.

I dont believe that stat is for people who have the reaction in a clinical setting where they have the attention and meds available to reverse the reaction.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Yesterday in Iqaluit NU there was a free covid 19 vaccination clinic. Not one person showed up. That is despite 1/5 of the population not having had a 2nd dose. How disappointing. There are also some communities where first dose is as low as 40%.

How do we encourage folks to "do the deed"?

https://www.gov.nu.ca/health/information/covid-19-vaccination
They're adults, have a free will and are using it. Just because I disagree is no reason to try to FORCE them to do it my way. Now if we could just convince the idiot politicians to let the unvaccinated make the their own decision and not penalize everyone else for the decision of a few...
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yesterday in Iqaluit NU there was a free covid 19 vaccination clinic. Not one person showed up. That is despite 1/5 of the population not having had a 2nd dose. How disappointing. There are also some communities where first dose is as low as 40%.

How do we encourage folks to "do the deed"?

https://www.gov.nu.ca/health/information/covid-19-vaccination
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget, Americans can fly to Alaska and rent a camper. That will help the RV economy. Save Canada for a later trip, we just got back last week.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Drew, thanks for the encouraging update.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
VE3ESN wrote:
Friends of ours who chose to go to their place in Florida (you know, the helicopter ride and the trucking of your vehicle across the border) told us something rather disheartening: even though they received both Moderna shots and returned home covid-free, they said that the vaccination rate in Florida had stalled at around 30%, although this was about a month ago.

Florida is currently at about 45% fully vaccinated, per the latest data I could find, and it looks like around 1.4 million people in Florida became fully vaccinated in the past month (and about 1 million had their first or only dose).

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like this site doesn’t like dissenting opinions and freedom of speech as my thread is gone. By the way I’m a old COVID survivor

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Friends of ours who chose to go to their place in Florida (you know, the helicopter ride and the trucking of your vehicle across the border) told us something rather disheartening: even though they received both Moderna shots and returned home covid-free, they said that the vaccination rate in Florida had stalled at around 30%, although this was about a month ago. We will never achieve herd immunity with such a low vaccination rate, and certainly the Canadian government is taking this into account. Furthermore, the Delta variant has delayed a return to a more normal existence.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Faststreak wrote:
There are many reasons not to take it and this is just one. There are many risks for this unproven shot for a virus that has a 98 percent recovery rate.

Provide links to support your opinion.
Regards, Don

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Poor fellow, may have just had a heart attack. Maybe just be a coincidence in time. Same thing could have happened, coming home from grocery shopping. can't blame the grocery store.

We have no way of knowing, could have been the vaccine, could be totally unrelated

Either way, sorry for his family and for your loss

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
While any death is unfortunate severe allergic reactions do happen.

Anaphylaxis results in approximately 1,500 deaths per year in the U.S.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Matt,

Sorry about your friend.

In Canada so far six persons have died from vaccination.

249 folks died from gunshot wounds in homicides for the most recent statistics published for Canada.

28,156,222 vaccinations have been completed.

0.006% of those had a serious adverse reaction.

The problem of fear of vaccination is killing far more folks than the actual deaths.

Native communities are reluctant to be vaccinated with fewer than 50% having even one dose.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccine-safety/
Regards, Don